Himalaya Blue Diesel Seed/ Strain Review & Smoke Report

Discussion in 'Smoke Reports' started by Fresh Jive, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Strain: Himalaya Blue Diesel from Short Stuff Seeds

Grow Medium: Mixture of Roots Organics Soil, my own compost, perlite, sunshine pH balanced peat moss, garden lime, black kow manure, kelp meal, and green sand.

Light: 400 watt MH & 600 watt HPS

Nutrients: Roots Organics Budha Grow & Bloom, Trinity, HPK, and Ancient Amber (small ammounts)

Bag Appeal: 7/10- It's pretty bud, nothing overwhelmingly special. (check pics )

Taste: 8/10-Real Spicy, has a little bit of blueberry smell but mostly fuel like, has a sharp kick when you open up the jar and take a whiff :)

Yield: 7/10-After drying and curing I got 16 grams, which is less than SS Seeds said it would be. I have to admit that towards the end I had to cut back to 12/12 because of my original grow which were not Auto Flowers.

The High:8/10- I really like the high because it's totally giggle bud! It's nice and muscle relaxing too but it definetaly makes me laugh :)

Comments: This is only the second Auto Strain that I have ever grown and honestly I was very happy with how it turned out! I received free HBD, Onyx, and Super Cali Haze from Short Stuff through The Attitude and just decided to throw them in my grow Cab since I had room at the time. Like I said before I was impressed, if you have a small grow cab then this may be the strain for you. The plant was 13" tall and 12" of bud! I may in the future try my hand at a perpetual auto flower grow and HBD may be in the mix, Nice Bud!

Enjoy!

~ Fresh

Life Of The Plant

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Haha! Here's The Good Part :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I will be posting a same style smoke report for The Onyx and Super Cali Haze soon also.

Look for the Onyx in a week or so and The Cali Haze in probably a month (Still a Sativa)!

Hopefully the Super Cali Haze will not be one of those Never Ending Sativa strains, hopefully since it is Auto?!?!?!

3. Haha! This is awesome...I just harvested a BHD as well! I got 21 grams tho under a 400 HPS. But then again mine was at 24/7 throughout. I was really happy with mine as well...
    Your bud looks very similiar to mine. The cola was pretty fat and very crystal covered.
    I harvested mine at 63 days tho...so I prolly coulda waited a bit longer...:eek:

Other then that, I got an Onyx in my tent right now coming upon 5 weeks flowering and wow...shes even more beatiful than the BHD. Cola is swoll with budd. And theres almost 3 colas from where the branches have come up even with the top and have packed on quite some flowers! Im very happy with the Short Stuff Autoflowers!

4. It's a good bud, fun to smoke.

Wish I could have let it stay in 18/6 or even 24/0 for the whole grow but like I said, needed to get my other girls into flower :)

I like Short Stuff, good seed producers.

5. Ahh i need help you guys, did you harvest this thing depending on the trichomes or based on the time the website said about the strain??? I need to know asap ;3

6. Looked at the trichomes.

I harvested a bit early, I think 10 weeks is where you really want to harvest this plant. I harvested at 9 1/2 and I think it was a bit premature.

7. Damn this plant was only 13" tall at harvest?? and you didnt have to do any training? basically just keeps the lights 24/0 the whole time and get bud in 65-70 days? why i have i never heard of this shit. i am bustin my ass training a plant for a small personal grow and i just happened to bump into this thread... Looks super dank man nice grow! I definitely need to look into auto flowering strains and short stuff seeds, looks like the way to go for closet grows. Enjoy!

8. Hey fresh jive nice harvest! I actually got the same freebies from attitude and am growing them right now. I was wondering how long i should flower and i'm happy I fell upon your thread! My HBD is on day 48 so I think I will be leaving it for another 3 weeks. I've also got onyx, super cali haze, haze auto and roadrunner. Just running the autos while I get my perpetual set up.
    My HBD has a very fruity smell but isn't doesn't have fat nugs. When did your HBD stop gaining bud mass?
    Subd

9. Reports about autos are too few and far between, so thanks again, Fresh J. Sounds like a fine strain. Ty for the pics too.

10. agreed. I'm looking to grow some autos this summer and can hardly find any decent smoke reports on them. I'm particularly interested in the auto assassin and mi5. I want a sativa dominant without the wait like the super cali haze.

11. Looks like a great Auto, might have to give it a try

buds look thick and very nice!

12. Helping teach a buddy how to grow next year with 5 of these little dudes and 10 super Cali Hazes.:smoke:
    He especially wanted the Blue diesel for his personal smoke stash that he said he would only smoke with me bahaha, this will be interesting.

13. Ya gotta say I love this plant, first auto strain I've grown so I don't have any thing to compare with but the original seeds (that were female) grew around 10-15 inches and looked good to harvest at 10 weeks, except for one Wich was the last one we had to breed with.

It was pretty tall and weird looking.

That really sucked at the time but all the seeds (aboute 15 females since the breed) seem to be keeping a constant height of 12-16 inches and some are finishing quicker.

There is one that is 10 inches and the whole plant is darker than any of the others, smells like straight Berrys of some sort. The buds on that one are looking nice, I may try to cross it.

14. 2 thumbs up for himalaya blue diesel!

I just harvested mine a few days ago and are now in curing! Beautiful plants that are very resinous. It's my first time growing autos too! Got some freebie autos so I decided to pop them in! Mine grew to about 11 inches in a 2.5 gal pot with coco under a 600w hps.

It's interesting because my himalaya blue diesel looks completely different from yours. The buds on the HBD weren't fat like yours but rather skinny like thai stick but yielded 27.6g dry. In mid flowering it started to show colours of blue and purple and smells intensely of blueberries! Guess I got a different pheno but man I am loving it!
    Props to Short Stuff!

15. dude,awesome job man glad it came out good for you.

16. Yep, this is a fuckin nice strain! Nice grow too :)

17. Hey guys, ive just got some onyx and BHD under the lights... I grew onyx before and the smell was nothing to be concerned about as it just smelt like fruity perfume and it didn't stink the house out but this is my first time growing BHD can anyone tell me how strong the smell is? Ive got a carbon filter but the problem comes when drying so if any one has grown BHD I would appreciate the info especially if you can compare the intensity to Onyx. Cos if its not to bad ive got room for one more. :smoke:

18. was it a stinker?

19. Just wanted to point out that the photo links are dead. I dig the report, just wish I could see some bud!

20. I just stumbled across some bhd seeds and decided to looook them up...Damn! They're getting germed tomorrow...looks like I've been missing out!!!

TheDoc67