in-depth_SMOKE_REPORTS!_(add_yours!_ must_have_smoked_strain_min._50x!!)

Discussion in 'Smoke Reports' started by Troy McLure, Jun 10, 2010.

1. #1 Troy McLure, Jun 10, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
    this thread has been a text file on my desktop for months... now finally.... :cool:

sorry for all the underscores in the subject, stupid forum software won't let me post if the subject is more than 1 word... :confused: took me forever to find out why posting timed out...
    anyway - off we go....

OPENING STATEMENT:

this thread is meant to collect IN DEPTH SMOKE REPORTS from people who have smoked that particular strain AT LEAST 50-100 TIMES and are very familiar with it.

please don't post here if you don't know or are unsure of the strain name.

(ideally you either grew the strain yourself or got it from a coffeeshop/dispensary/grower)

INTRODUCTION:
    i realize there must be many people out there who have extensive smoking experience with a single strain. but so far i haven't really found too many detailed smoke reports.

for people who grow small-scale for personal consumption (like myself), it is often very hard to decide on a strain, not knowing what type of high to expect. you can't really trust marketing descriptions and the high is usually only a line or two anyway.

additionally, for people going to the netherlands or medical users getting their ganja from a dispensary, the choice must be overwhelming. it might be good to know in advance which strains you want to try.

my hope is that this thread becomes a long collection of reports of many different strains and maybe even multiple reports on a single strain, which would be awesome.

it will become so popular, that other websites will steal the reports from here and they will propagate all over the net!

so get typin'!!!
    :D

ABOUT THE STRAIN

NAME: EUFORIA
    BREEDER: DUTCH PASSION

WHAT THE MARKETING PEOPLE SAY:
    Euforia® 2nd Prize High Times Cup 2000, 1st Prize Highlife Cup 2002
    Developed by our breeders in 1996. A very fine Skunk selection, very commercial, very heavy bloom, bumper harvest, the famous Skunk "high", taste not so sweet as our other Skunk selections. One of our favorites, also for greenhouse.

THC 18%, flowering period: 7 weeks, harvest time outdoor: end of Oct, beginning of Nov.

euforia.jpg

ABOUT THE SMOKER

REVIEWER: Troy McLure

SMOKER TYPE:
    i am a daily 'after work' smoker and have been since the early '00s. (mysteriously at about the same time i started working 9 to 5 :D)

SMOKER's PREFERENCE:
    i love sativas and their awareness-expanding highs.
    indicas are ok too, but given the choice, i'll pick a sat 8 out of 10 times.

CONSUMPTION METHODS USED:
    volcano vaporizer (~90 % of the time), spliff, pipe, bong

FAMILIARITY: i have smoked 50+ grams (~2 oz.) of this strain.

REVIEW

BUZZ: the initial buzz usually immobilizes you for about half an hour (depending on dosage of course) and all kinds of interesting mental trains of thought start rolling into the station. ;-)
    natural vistas/cityscapes become endlessly detailed paintings. music aquires more depth. too much can cause racey heart for a few minutes. sensory overload can be stressful.
    i loved the profound insights this strain frequently yielded, most of which even made sense the next day.

HIGH: after that, i usually wanted to get up and do something. playing (video)games, conversation, movies or household chores were all no problem and can be great fun (if you don't mind being a bit slower - can be a factor in gaming)
    the high remains fairly clear, interesting and long lasting. after the 3rd or 4th round of the day it naturally takes its toll with tiredness (as does any other weed i've smoked). but it's not like you'll have to fight to be awake, as can be the case with other strains.
    i don't think i've ever gotten headaches as a result of overconsumption, but i don't get them alot anyway.

TASTE:
    in the vape this tasted slightly sweet and fruity. not a strong taste, but delicious nonetheless! *drool*

POTENCY:
    this is a very potent strain, and i used very little for each vaporizer load*. an amount that doesn't even cover the screen yielded 5 standard sized bags and got me nice'n'high for at least 3 hours.

*that's how i measure potency, coz i can blow myself away with any strain of weed if i use a shitload at once.

SUMMARY: overall this is one of the best strains i have smoked. taste and high can compete with the best weed i've bought in amsterdam (i am aware that there is much better weed out there, i just haven't had access yet ;-) ) i would definitely consider growing this strain again in the future. as a sativa lover i was delighted with the rather active multi-purpose high while staying on the couch was also no problem & great fun.

ABOUT THE STRAIN

NAME: SKUNK #1
    BREEDER: DUTCH PASSION

Skunk #1®
    Winner of several harvest festivals, and “High Times” Cannabis Cup. Skunk#1 (75% Sativa, 25% Indica) was originally a cross between 25% Afghani, 25% Mexican Acapulco Gold and 50% Columbian Gold. Inbred since 1978, now a stabilized homogeneous strain. Blooms with long, thick buds, varying in colour from light green to golden. Very high flower to leaf ratio. Mold susceptible the last 6 weeks of flowering. Soft and sweet aroma and a very strong “up” high. Excellent variety for indoor growing or greenhouse with darkening system. Very high yields. Easy to manicure. This variety serves as a standard against which others can be measured.

THC 8.1%, flowering period: 7 - 11 weeks, harvest time outdoor: 1st half of Nov. in a greenhouse

ABOUT THE SMOKER

REVIEWER:
    Troy McLure

SMOKER TYPE:
    i am a daily 'after work' smoker and have been since the early '00s. (mysteriously at about the same time i started working 9 to 5 :D)

SMOKER's PREFERENCE:

bong with tobacco/weed mix (75 % of the time), spliff, volcano vaporizer, pipe

FAMILIARITY: i have smoked 100+ grams (~4 oz.) of this strain.

REVIEW

BUZZ: a nice sativa buzz. while not quite as 'clean' as some other sativa-dominant strains it still packs a nice punch and works well with all kinds of surroundings.

HIGH: an all around good up-high, suitable for many activities. i've done a large variety of things while high on good ol' #1. all were fun. unlike some other strains i've tried, this one is quite good for sessions where round after round is smoked. some strains wreck the whole evening after a certain amount of consumption.

TASTE: i think i dried the wet buds too fast (amongst maybe other newbie grower mistakes), so there was barely any taste to speak of. 'neutral' comes to mind. ;-)

POTENCY: potency was quite decent and somewhat at odds with the low THC % given by the seedbank. it was certainly strong enough for everybody i've smoked it with.

SUMMARY: a classic that's been a bit overshadowed by all the newfangled "superblueberrylemonsilverchocolatehaze's" that have come out in recent years, but if you're looking for affordable genetics and an enjoyable multipurpose up-high - give skunk #1 a try!

ABOUT THE STRAIN

NAME: ICE CREAM
    BREEDER: PARADISE SEEDS

Ice Cream expresses a diversity of phenotypes, all of them producing a good, tasty smoke. [...] The buds themselves are white and frosty, with a hint of vanilla. The smoke is smooth, with faint undertones of skunk and pine. For both gardeners and tokers, Ice Cream offers vigor and diversity under a smooth vanilla coating.
    Type: Indica/Sativa (60/40), Flowering: 55-60 days indoors. Outdoors, early October (n.L.)
    Effect/Buzz: Trippy, equal head and body
    Smell/Taste: Creamy vanilla with undertones of skunk and pine
    THC: 15-18%

ice cream.jpg

ABOUT THE SMOKER

REVIEWER: Troy McLure

SMOKER TYPE:

SMOKER's PREFERENCE:

volcano vaporizer (~90 % of the time), spliff, pipe, bong

FAMILIARITY: i have smoked 50+ grams (~2 oz.) of this strain.

REVIEW

BUZZ: yep, "equal head and body" about covers it. i was really prone to 'getting lost' doing/looking at/listening to/thinking about something during the initial buzz. one thing that has struck me with this particular strain is that very often during the buzz i came up with *one good idea* - could be anything - a joke, a possible invention, an insight, etc... and most of these ideas even made sense sobered up.
    often made me wish we could do telepathy already... ;)

HIGH: for me this strain shows its indica content after a couple of rounds. i usually got tired/spaced out after a bit. that's why i used this strain usually for the last couple of rounds of the evening. it also made my eyes dry out more than some other strains, but that might just be me. a few occasions of "racey heart" with too large doses.

TASTE: i couldn't really smell/taste the vanilla, but it was a wee bit spicy/sour and had undertones of forrest floors. quite lovely taste. i tried "LA confidential" in amsterdam and (to *my* tastebuds) it tasted exactly the same as ice cream. but i might have been too high on too many strains to be 100 % sure ;-)

POTENCY: this strain has above average potency. i have had stronger ones, but ice cream is certainly no disappointment.

SUMMARY: ice cream is a nice strain indeed. while i wouldn't want it as my only choice in my stash, it is a perfect supplement for me to mix things up a little. good taste, very good buzz and a serviceable high. (due to the immense amount of strains i want to try out) i don' think i'll be growing/buying this strain again, but i'm certainly glad i got to know it better.

_

2. *bump*

nobody? :(

3. This is a great thread for connoisseurs, and if I had the means to come by strains worthy of such scrutiny and description, I'd definitely be posting here. Unfortunately, I do not, but I hope to someday be able to put together a journal, like this, of strains I've smoked/grown, and when that time comes, I'm subscribed to the thread :D

4. I skimed through it, but it looks really informative and well written.

rep +

5. Troy this is an ambitious thread, but brilliant nonetheless. I thoroughly enjoy reading in depth smoke reports similar to the ones you provided.

So everyday I check out Marijuana Reviews | Honest And Accurate Marijuana Reviews Blog Yeah some of the reviews on that sight are not as thorough as your reviews, but it is still one of my favorite sights.

You should submit your reviews to that sight, because I think they would fit in very well.

I understand why you limit these smoke reports to 50-100g consumption, but at the same time a true seasoned toker should be able to figure a strain out pretty well with just an eighth. The only reason I mention this is if you opened up the floodgates to seasoned, thorough reviews you might get more action on the thread.

Just a few thoughts. Sorry for the ramble, I haven't had coffee in three weeks and this cup has my mind flying.

6. Nice but if you're limiting this to folks who have smoked a particular strain 50 or more times, you won't get many reports.

7. Dude, awesome site. And I agree about not needing to smoke the strain 50-100 times. After smoking a certain strain so many times, it's bound to grow on you and be perceived as just any ordinary high. I feel like you can tell properties and tastes of strains best when it's fresh and new to you, like comparing it with what you've been smoking lately.

Random note: I haven't smoked a cigarette in about 9 months now, and lately I've been noticing that my taste buds were severely affected by it- Dank has never tasted to damn good!!

8. thanks for the feedback, everyone! :wave:

your concerns are duly noted, but i think many 'homebox' type growers are going to be smoking whatever they chose to plant for a considerable time (if your grow is your only source of ganja).

i think over an extended period of time you get the best impression of a strain. you've smoked it in many different settings, with/out people, watching tv, party, etc. etc.

some strains make a good first impression, but on extended use they show their weaknesses. (for example, the much-hyped AK-47 is such a strain IMHO).

oh and by the way, it's 50 TIMES, not 50 GRAMS i would like people to have smoked of that particular strain :D

that's not really THAT much, is it?
    same weed for 2 months?
    i have to believe that applies to a bunch of people here.

alright, i'm off to hit some fresh SATORI! :smoking:
    expect a detailed report in a few months!

9. #9 Norma Stits, Jun 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
    nice thread man :)

i have a few to throw in here.. i'll get'em done soon fo sho!

nah that's reasonable imo...
    but i do think you can get a good idea of what a strain is in a few sessions for sure.

10. great thread man, ill work on a couple, sensi star and blue dream, im sure someone will beat me to the BD first

11. looking forward to your reports, guys!

you can quote this template if you like (and add categories i might have missed)!

ABOUT THE STRAIN

NAME:
    BREEDER:

ABOUT THE SMOKER

REVIEWER:

SMOKER TYPE:

SMOKER's PREFERENCE:

FAMILIARITY:

REVIEW

BUZZ:

HIGH:

TASTE:

POTENCY:

SUMMARY:

12. moved to the new "smoke reports" subforum.. maybe we'll get some better reports in here..

13. Very cool, will try to add a couple soon :)

14. yeah i have a ton of them.. i'm sooooo lazy :(

15. My main problem is that everything I have smoked over the past 12 yrs has been of my own work, and is not available on the market. So my question is; should I still do reports or not?

16. `

yes...you should....if ever you decide to release your stock then ppl can look back at GC smoke reports and see the original report before the seeds were released....i believe in you less....one day...maybe even soon enough....i would encourage yo to do a micro grow and get some beans out at seedbay.....a person with such a picky tongue will always make the most beautiful work.....remember less ...pm me any time;)

17. #17 joe_fresh, Jun 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2010
    ABOUT THE STRAIN: M-39 (basic 5 x skunk #1)
    NAME:
    BREEDER: Super sativa seed club

WHAT THE MARKETING PEOPLE SAY: short bushy large yielding plant

ABOUT THE SMOKER

REVIEWER: Joe_fresh

SMOKER TYPE: heavy smoker

SMOKER's PREFERENCE: L pape joints

CONSUMPTION METHODS USED: spliffs

FAMILIARITY: very familiar(10+ yrs)

REVIEW

BUZZ: 7/10

HIGH: 6/10

TASTE: 5/10 very plain neutral smell and taste.....resembling chewing cardboard

POTENCY: 7/10

SUMMARY: extreme heavy yielder, not unusual to see 3# per light, great look, high calyx to leaf ratio, but a very plain and dull taste

[​IMG]

18. #18 joe_fresh, Jun 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2010
    ABOUT THE STRAIN
    NAME: super lemon haze (super silver haze x lemon skunk)
    BREEDER: Greenhouse seed co

WHAT THE MARKETING PEOPLE SAY: won cannabis cup in 2008 and 2009

ABOUT THE SMOKER

FAMILIARITY: ran her once, but ordered more beans and have another going righ now

REVIEW

BUZZ: 8/10

HIGH: 9/10

TASTE: 9/10 very nice, like lemon bubble gum or lemon candy
    POTENCY: 8.5/10

SUMMARY: extreme low yielder, great taste, like lemon candy or lemon bubble gum, no leaf to trim, just a couple of large fan leaves and thats about it, lovely plant to grow and smoke

[​IMG]

19. ABOUT THE STRAIN
    NAME: Iced grapefruit (ice x grapefruit)
    BREEDER: femaleseeds.nl
    WHAT THE MARKETING PEOPLE SAY: the smell will be special

ABOUT THE SMOKER

FAMILIARITY: ran her once,2 plants but ordered more beans and have 8 going right now

REVIEW

BUZZ: 7.5/10

HIGH: 7.5/10

TASTE: 7/10 kinda sweet, nothing too strong at all, just a hint of pink sweetness

POTENCY: 8/10

SUMMARY: nice yielder, taste is kinda plain when compaired to other strains ive run, lovely plant to grow , smelled kinda sweet and fruity while growing, but after dried and cured for 2 weeks she lacked flavor

[​IMG]

20. Thanks, good reports by the way. Got some Iced Grapefruit for test grows, just have not had time to run them.

I'll PM you soon. We should talk.