Can someone help me fix my graphics card?

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by HelpMeOutHo, Apr 10, 2013.

1. I have an ATI Radeon HD 5730. I was updating the driver so I wouldn't lag while playing the computer game, League of Legends. i am updating it and running alot of shit at the same time and it crashed and I got a blue screen. When I restarted my computer the resolution was at its minimum. I max it out again but it still seemed off. I check my graphics card info by doing 'dxdiag' in the run box and click display and all the info says n/a. can anyone help??

2. Computer crashed during installation? Just uninstall it and reinstall it again. The N/A means no actual driver is installed. It's using a generic Windows driver, which is why you are unable to change the resolution.

3. Well how do I get the graphics card to work again? It was working before the driver installation (the update was to supplement the card) fucked shit up and now it's not something up at all & I'm not savvy enough to know how to turn it back on.

4. Do you have the driver setup file? If not, download it from AMD.COM. When you begin the installation again, it should give you the option to uninstall. Uninstall it, restart computer, and reinstall it again.

5. Thanks man. I'll try it out later and let you know.

6. Go to bios
    Overclock your processor (not too high)
    Overclock your graphic card (also not too high)
    Reboot
    Voila no lagg while gaming and it will solve your problem but not permanent
    reinstall the drivers again and it should fix the problem
    underclock your pc again or if you want laggless gaming experience dont underclock but buy extra fans or else your processor and video card will overheat

7. can you message me? how do i find bios?

8. Read up on overclocking first.

If you go ahead and try to overclock your CPU or GPU and you don't know what you're doing, you can damage them.