speaker crackling issue

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by Tastytrichomes, Jul 23, 2012.

1. i've had bose speakers for a while. they're in pretty good condition, reasonably good sound quality. but lately i've been noticing that when i adjust the volume it makes a crackling sound. maybe i played music too loud? i'm a music producer myself, always using DAW but not too intelligent when it comes to speakers. can someone help me? it would be greatly appreciated

and i have money to purchase new speakers, possibly even better ones, if necessary

2. Most likely damaged cones. Have you tried replugging the speakers? The wire/plug can be faulty. Can you find another pair of speakers to try and see if the problem persists? Sometimes it can be driver issue...3rd party plugin issue...etc.

3. could be static in the switch caused by carbon grind . id recommend going from low to max a couple of times when its off and see what happens.

this happens to my speakers often due to me adjusting the volume often.

4. More than likely a dirty pot, errr volume control.;)

Use this stuff :Radio Shack Tuner Control Cleaner and Lubricant (RS Cat #64-4315)

5. i unplugged everything turned the computer off and then assembled it all again after a couple minutes. seemed to help a little bit. but i dont think its an internal computer problem really

6. Get anything but Bose. They were good in the 70's only.
    If you have good money for quality speakers look up B&W( Bowers and Wilkins)
    For high end speakers with more bass emphasis get some Definitive Technology.