Girls first grow going wrong, help me please.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Mrs Dustybowlz, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Hi GC,

I have some deficiencies going on w/my mother's, they were are recently transplanted from 1gal pot into 7gal pots w/ocean forest soil. We were told that there is enough food in OF for about a month so I've ONLY been watering with cal/mg (we were seing some twisting of leaves and they looked to be just getting some yellowing on a few leaf tips+ were pretty dark green). I was told to only water enough for about 24 hours, I water ever day. In return, there has not been any run off from any of the waterings to be able to properly test the ph. The hubby assisted in taking a sample and making mud of the soil and testing the ph. It came out as being 6.8. Since then I've watered them twice with cal/mg ph'd to 5.9 to try to even out the level a bit. So since it appears the ph has been too high, is there a way to tell if this is related to a lock out or a deficiency?

This is my first grow and I feel totally in over my head. I have some indica's and sativa's so I know ill have to adjust up or down depending what type it is. Indica's taking more feed, sativa's taking less. I just dont know what to do, and dont want to make the wrong move.

I need some serious help.

1) I dont know how much "feed" is in the ocean forest and, givin my plants size, how much feed I should add.
    2)How will I know when the feed is all depleted from the oean forest?
    3)If my ph of my soil is a strong 6.8, what should I adjust the ph of my water to?
    4)I also dont know how often I should feed.
    5)As for amount of water, I had it down with the 1g pots, but now I feel im under watering. Im using about 500ml per day. It is pretty dry by the next day. Should I up it to about 1L a day?
    6)Should I also mist them with somting to help get the nutes to the source of deficiency faster? If so, what?

Heres a few pix of them last week,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here they are today

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks in advance for any help. Im just sort of lost. I want to add feed, Its just if I under nute them, I wont see much bounce back, but If I over nute them, It could be costly!

2. Adding to much calmag can cause calmag issues (lockouts). Whom ever told you that OF has nutrients didn't lead you astray. But Ca & Mag are also included in these nutrients.

You would have more success adding 14 tablespoons of garden lime to your 7 gallon pots and forget about calmag for some time. Think about it like this: Garden Lime helps prevent cal mag issues, bottled calmag helps correct them.

I dont know how much "feed" is in the ocean forest and, givin my plants size, how much feed I should add.
    You should start at a very low amount, I use earth juice and full strength for Grow is 15ml. So I start my plants out at 5ml, then work my way up depending on growth. If my tips curl in then I’ve feed too much. Hope that helps you some. I have an Afghani mother that is 4 months old and it hasn’t gone over 7mls per gallon yet, she still produces 45 clones.

2)How will I know when the feed is all depleted from the oean forest?
    Once your plants start demanding more “bottled” nutrients. You can start a light feeding schedule in OF right now.

3)If my ph of my soil is a strong 6.8, what should I adjust the ph of my water to?
    6.8 is fine, a little high for some. More strain depended. Take in count your ppm of your water when feeding, but this is the purpose of starting light.

4)I also dont know how often I should feed.
    Depends on the grower, I need a lot of clones from my mothers so I prefer to feed weeks 1-4, then a benny tea at 5, feed week 6 and 7, straight water for the next two, because it’s been shown that mothers deprived from Nitrogen their clones root faster.

5)As for amount of water, I had it down with the 1g pots, but now I feel im under watering. Im using about 500ml per day. It is pretty dry by the next day. Should I up it to about 1L a day?
    I also have my mothers in 7 gallon pots and water about once a week. Each receives about 1 gallon give or take. We should practice full waters, to ensure root mass receive nutrients.

6)Should I also mist them with somting to help get the nutes to the source of deficiency faster? If so, what?
    You never have to mist anything. But I would say mist with organic insectosidal soap or neem, maybe both, but no need at the same time. Maybe a few weeks in between.

3. I added lime to the mix on the last transplant. I DID how ever forget to add it into the 1g pots. Im thinking this is where the deficiency is from (hoping anyway).

Dont you think there asking for food now? Im going to make up some water and get some run off. Test the ph and ppms and report back.

Thanks.

4. I think you can add nutrients now. As before start light, work your way up, no need to push your mothers hard.

5. I run hydro so light to me is different then light in soil.

Whats light?

350?

500?

(.5 conv rate)

Also If were using RO, would we be adding liquid cal mag also? or just rely on the lime?

Thanks!!

6. #6 515, Oct 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2011
    I wish I could help you with hydro, I only play in soil. I've never ran "0 ppm" ro water, I use the Small Boy filter that removes chlorine and I don't use calmag.

But I would assume that, if one were to use RO water with soil supplemented with lime, I wouldn't use too much calmag. I believe most growers using 0 ppm water adjusts it to 200ppm, with calmag. I would guess I would start some where around 100 ppms and adjust if need be. But as I have never done this, so I can't say from experience, my apologizes.

Just dawned on me, have you been using ro water? I should have asked this before. If the water is 0 ppm, I would raise it to 200. If that doesn't correct the issue, then I believe 10ml per gallon is max dose? But I would check the bottle.

Concerning "light" I gave an example in paragraph three, above.

7. Thanks 515!!

Really appreciate it!