STOP Spider Mites with ROSEMARY OIL: TUTORIAL!! How to extract, render and use it!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by benaynay, Oct 14, 2011.

1. HOW TO CONTROL SPIDER MITES WITH EDIBLE ROSEMARY OIL SPRAY!

This is the correct way to control spider mites with Rosemary Oil. I have gigantic rosemary bushes outside my home offering more than a lifetime supply of it so I learned how to make this and mix it properly to get the desired effect.

Required Items:

1. Rosemary plants, trees, bushes or Rosemary Oil

2. 1 Large container of cooking oil, olive oil, or 2-4 containers of grape seed oil

3. a crock pot or possibly a double boiler

4. a small hand held fine screen colander strainer grocery store bake ware isle

5. an atomizer

6. a 1 ounce shot glass or measuring cup with 1 ounce msmts

7. Liquid Joy dish soap or another safe emulsifyer

Finding a rosemary bush:

If you don't know what a rosemary bush looks like, google image it, you or your neighbors might have one and not even know it! The plants get filled with bumble bees so look for that and tiny blue or purple and white flowers all over the bush... they make good privacy hedges and have a very STRONG odor.

Rendering the oil:

1st I grab about 10 big shoots of rosemary and strip the leaves off onto the table, you can dry it out, but you don't have to if you're in a hurry. If you hold one end of a rosemary shoot, the leaves will easily all strip off if you pinch with 2 fingers and slide them all the way to the end of the shoot. You want about 2-3 ounces of leaves & you can do more just make sure to cover all of it in the crock pot with oil in the next step. I take a crock pot, it's a ceramic pan that sits snug inside a warming case, drop the stripped rosemary leaves into the bottom of the crock pot, cover them completely with either grape seed oil or olive oil, both work well, and cook them on med to high for 3-4 hours, or low for 6-8 hours, once again if you're in a hurry you can shorten the length of time down to 1/2-2 hours on high. A lower temp and longer interval will yield a more potent oil. Simply strain the leaves out of the oil using a hand held steel fine screen colander found at any grocery store, use coffee filters in a pinch. OK, congratulations you've got your oil now! You should have as much oil as you used oil from the first step roughly. So if you poured in 60 ounces of oil, you got 60 ounces of rosemary oil now! That's enough to last a long long time!

OK here's the mix part:

When spraying this on your plants, use an electric atomizer for best coverage and effect . Take 1 ounce of rosemary oil, you should have 40-100 ounces of concentrated oil, you'll know if you did it right because it will smell like delicious rosemary. To 1 gallon of clean water. In your 1 Ounce shot glass, throw a couple of drops of Lemon Joy to emulsify and YOU MUST SHAKE THE ATOMIZER AFTER SEALING, and shake frequently during the application as well. I think using Protekt will achieve similar results. DO NOT APPLY THIS MIXTURE UNDER LIGHT, there is a small content of oil which will sheen the leaves and magnify your lights and quickly burn your leaves! Apply under light, right when they are shutting off, or in darkness.

Application:

MIX WELL! This won't work until you actually MIX the solution inside the sealed atomizer chamber!

Make sure to completely cover your plants with this stuff from the undersides especially, the signs of spider mites are little white dots and tiny creatures crawling UNDER your leaves! They love to be in the hardest to reach places of your grow so make sure to get those places especially well. Drench them, the stuff is FREE! I will take this stuff, and right out of the atomizer spray it on my hand and lick it off my hand to demonstrate to my friends how safe it is, but even though the plants transpire and quickly process the oils off the leaves, if you get crazy and get it on the panda wrap, use SIMPLE GREEN to easily remove it from that and any glass surfaces like the glass under your lights!

Frequency:

If you have an infestation right now, spray once a day for 4 days, then every other day for a week. Then twice a week for 2 weeks, and finally once a week for maintaining once all signs of live mites and their damage have stopped. Spider mites hibernate so you will see them again most likely if you don't do a weekly maintaining spray. NEVER SPRAY UNDER LIGHT! unless the light is about to turn OFF. And remember to store your rosemary oil in a cool area preferably in a glass or ceramic ramikin with a tupperware sealable top. You can cut back on the mixture to conserve oil, possible 20-30 ml per gallon, a little more than half a shot glass full per gallon, but it will not have the same effect as a good one ounce to one gallon mix.

FUN FACTS!

This stuff is completely non-toxic and EDIBLE! You can get it on your skin or on the walls. Clean Up is a little work on the elbows, otherwise, easy to manage. This spray will kill DOUBLE SPOTTED SPIDER MITES on contact! If you see tiny spider webs before you spray, make sure to look close and see the little bastards crawling along them, after you spray, the spider mites will literally be frozen DEAD on the webs, hanging there as if someone strung them up with a sweet little spider mite noose.

If you appreciate this post, please sub my youtube at trendyasdabbers! Thx!

Trendy As Dabber Nay

p.s., about the 10,000 ppms of CO2 thing, yes it works, to some degree, I've done it, but nothing kills like my spider mite spray above! I had a 95% kill rate with the CO2 gas, but it's always 100% with the rosemary spray. Eggs will continue to hatch, but the continued usage as recommended above will yield far better AND SAFER results than gassing them!

2. nice rosemary grows like weeds here on the coast...

3. sweet... now i can use my rosemary from my garden for more than cooking chicken and stuff.

4. damn...I used to work where there was a shit load of rose mary,..eh..I dont grow or know anyone who does so I guess it wouldnt matter..I love natural solutions to problems like this......everything should be natural.

5. hey guys checkin' in with a post from a buddy of mine. check it out... "kief_stone: I've been using your rosemary oil for 5 weeks now not a single mite or whitefly im very impressed! thank you again bro."

so it looks like it controls both! any way, I use it religiously on over 40 plants, 15 different strains, and it works on all of them. I've noticed the double spotted spider mite seems to like purple strains more than others in my garden so keep your eyes peeled on the lowest branches and smallest stalk growth for those tale tell white dots all over the tops of the leaves, cover that growth with this rosemary oil spray for 7 days straight than every other day for a week, than as needed for spot treatment and you'll have those bastards on the run! don't forget to trim your under growth!

trendy nay

6. I just found this post because one plant in my room has spider mites. I just removed the plant completely and want to spray the others with the rosemary mixture. Is it ok to do this during flower?