Bud rot

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Budz uk, Oct 13, 2011.

1. I'm a first time grower and I've just had to chop off some of my biggest buds due to bud rot, obviously I've been over feeding them, can some 1 help me on how to stop the rot without cutting more off

2. HELP please

3. The problem you are experiencing is caused by high humidity, not over feeding. Get a dehumidifier and keep humidity under 50%. Most molds and funguses won't grow in an environment with a RH under 50%. Dense buds are the most susceptible as they don't get as much air circulation inside the bud.
    Mold spores are everywhere. The key is to keep an environment that is inhospitable for them to grow in.

4. #4 Inthedirt4good, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2011
    what I can tell you is that bud rot is the perfect environment for mold to grow and spread. you may want to think about processing that bud into something else. i am sorry for your loss.

i hate mold so very very much. and it was enough to be the straw that broke the camels back.

hopefully you can get in there with some small scissors and some sort of magnifier and clip out the undesirable vegetative matter.

5. Dehumidifier is in and on I got two fans on the soil so hopefully I can stop this evil shit that is stealing my smoke

6. i'm not entirely sure about this but, my gut is telling me you want those fans pointed at your buds to speed up evaporation, or is it surface transpiration?

7. Pointing the fan at the soil won't help. The buds need the air flow.

8. I don't really know I just seen a White web like fluff with brown wet rotten bud in the middle so I cut off the whole affected buds. Now I've got the dehumidifier in there with the fans on the soil trying to dry it out as quick as poss. Unfortunately I'm not there so I can't adjust the fans until 2 mora, I'l take pics 2mora.

9. I've just made the phone call and moved the fans up.

10. I had to cut more bud off due to rot :( humidifier is sort of helping the situation, maybe slowing the rot, it's hard to tell cus I'm hardly there, any help appreciated muchly

11. Any tips, should I try n stick it out or harvest early?

12. What I usually do is take all the bigger tops off if your close to harvest. Let the smaller stuff finish up. The larger, denser tops are more vulnerable. I've had to cut ALL the tops out early to save some of them in the past. It sucks real bad to throw away a couple ozs of nice tops. More dehumidification next time around.
    I run 5 70 pint dehumidifiers in my garage to keep that from happening. Still happens every once in a while to a really nice top:(