Leaves are curling up and turning brown

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by ryand92, Oct 4, 2011.

1. This is my first grow and I have a deep culture hydroponic system. We have two 30 gallon black Tupperware containers which are about half full of water. There are three staggered wholes cut out of the covers. Right now we only have 2 plants growing in the hydro system (one in each res) and another next to the system which is growing in soil. They are in clay pellets that we got from a local hydroponics store. It was great, we said we were students growing tomatoes as a project and we got a 10% discount. Anyway the plants are about a month old, but have been through some trauma throughout their short life. The younger one is supposed to be a sour diesel plant, or at least that's what we were told lol. The older is either a headies or hydro, not totally sure. They were both good seeds either way. There is a problem with both of the hydro plants though. The leaves have started to brown and curl and look like they're dying maybe. It started from the older leaves to the younger ones (bottom to top). We tried to do some research but could not find exactly what we're doing wrong. The systems specs are:

Younger Plant:
    (left container)

Water Temp: 70 deg
    Air Temp: 71 - 75 deg
    ppm: 475
    pH: ~6

Older Plant:
    (right container)

Water Temp: 70 deg
    Air Temp: 71 - 75 deg
    ppm: 460
    pH: ~6

We trimmed the soil plant about halfway down last week in attempt to clone the top of it.. it didn't root. But we successfully made a bushy ass plant, which is the same age as the other two and went through a little trauma. Before I cut it it was about 2 feet tall. It was very lanky and branchy so I we decided to prune it.

Please help me I'm desperate and we can't figure out what's wrong.

Attached Files:

2. ever find out what it was?? im experiencing the same problem but in soil. Are you using CAL-MAG??