From good to bad, 2nd week Flowering

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by dutchmaster, Oct 3, 2011.

1. WHAT is happening??
    What type of medium; soil or hydro? Soil
    Indoors or outdoors? -Indoors
    What strain? -Royal Dutch Cheese
    How old are the plants? -2nd week of flowering
    What type of lights and how many watts? -HPS 250watt + 1 Daylight CFL
    How far from the lights? -20'
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? water every 3-4 days and nutrient every other watering.
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? 1 Tbl of GH FloraMicro x 2 Tbl GH Florabloom
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? -n/a
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? 88 F 20% :/
    What size pots? 8 inch pots
    Any bugs? Look real close. - n/a

I'm not sure what my problem is but I started this as a mother plant and then decided to flower it. Looked fine the first week in, then week 2, growth slowed and the top leaves appeared shriveled, and skinny.. Im wondering if this could be due to not enough root space? Its hard to transplant because my plant is under the " scrog screen " but is that what is neccesary to save my girl? PLEASE HELP QUICK... pictures coming....

Note the skinny leaves of "new growth" compared to the older leaves....
    [​IMG]

2. Looks like a combination of the following to me.
    Burnt tips = nute burn
    Drooping of leaves could definately be under/over watering.
    Also the light might be a bit close with too much heat.
    Try eliminating some of those issues.

3. Random guess would be too much heat, add airflow or move the lights back-Burnt tips and curling up. You do say they are 20 feet from the light source, but I am guessing you meant inchs :) So 20 inchs should be good, I would go the air flow route. 2nd guess is overwatering-curling leaves and droopy-ness. I am guessing your doing the finger method to check if the soil is dry by next watering time so I am not sure why they would look over watered but thats my guess.

Those thinner leaves should be poking out of colas sometime soon. Fan leaves gather light and usually are a bit out from the budsite, the smaller thinner ones usually are the ones that are coming from soon to be bud sites. I wouldnt worry about the skinny leaves, to me it just means its flowering time. I dont get many fan leaves (the big ones like your talking about) anywhere past half the plant up. Just skinny ones!

I hope I made that clear :p All the big leafed branchs should have a stem that goes to main stem or a branch, all the skinny leaves should be coming almost directly out of the branch, no 4 inch stem to wide set of leaves.

*edit*
    the more I look at the plants all I see is heat stress not watering issues. Who knows though I am just a me!

4. U have skipped over the Ph, which is
    the baseline that we must start from.

All plant maladies are 75 % of the time
    related to the Ph.

Freak
    :smoke:

5. Oh my goodness i sincerely thankyou all for the replies. I am going to check the Ph runoff... As for the airflow I will add a fan, but I'm not sure if that is the problem, because the girl next to it does not have this issue, nor the other two that are closer to the light. And yes I meant about 20 inches or 2 feet so... Ill add a fan, stop feeding for a few waters... annnd runoff ph is 6.2 - 6.4. I dont have an electric reaader ;/

6. Get the ph up to 6.5 and you will have better phosphorous uptake.
    Or you can add some seagull or bat guano for the P.
    And the clawing is too much nitrogen, but that should sort itself out unless you keep feeding it masses of N...bloom nutes usually aren't too high in N tho.

7. Thanks a lot for the tips. I fed her fresh water earlier and the top cola isnt even stretching towards the light :''''//

8. Be careful of 'more water'... still water looses o2 and gains hydrogen from the splitting of the water molecules and becomes even more acidic...you need to dry the plant out or artificially increase the ph with much higher ph water additions....i would shoot for drying it out though, and placing the pot onto some heat source or a seedling mat would help dry it out and drive the ph back up where it's supposed to be. Liming compound are good too.

9. Thanks for the advice Skunk! I didnt know that about the water, losing O2. I will Ph up next time. A few days of drying out though...