autoflower issue (not flowering)

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by growgreek, Sep 16, 2011.

1. hey guys!

so i have started working with autos. currently working on afghan ryder kush auto fem and dinafem fruit auto. today is the 3 week mark (from seeding, placed directly in moist coco) and there is no sign of any flowers yet.

this strain(s) is supposed to mature to harvest in 2 months. so a week away from the halfway point there is no flowers....

the strain info online also says that it will veg for about 14 days. which is average or even long for an auto.

i plan on giving it another week to know for sure, but was hoping for some input from anyone else who grows autos (specifically these strains would be helpful)

having never had this issue with any auto before, not sure how to proceed. do i put them in 12/12? if i do that, do they have to stay in 12/12, or can i go back to the longer cycle when they start to flower?

more info:

the dinafem fruit is outside on a balcony and gets direct sunlight for about 6 hours a day maybe 8.

the 2 afghan ryder kush are in my pc box running a 24/7 light cycle with a combined cfl spectrum of 2700k and 6400k

the kush plants are about 3 or 4 times the size of the fruit plant now, and one of the kush plants has a much larger stretch than the other, it is also lighter green in color (is this normal? for 2 seeds of the same genetics to look so different?)

so knowing that with the shorter available direct light that the yield will definitely be affected, i would like to keep the lights in the box running 24/7 for best possible yield.

also i am using vitalink nutes and growing in a coco/perlite mix

not sure if there are any other variables you need to know to help me....lol

thanks guys :)

2. Hello dude,i am a noob grower and maybe i am wrong but i also have an autoflowering strain i am growing right now(it's finishing in a few days) and let me tell you this: From what i saw you have the Dinafem fruit in your balcony.I had my White Dwarf autoflowering in a balcony for about a month and some days. It did not start flowering until i put it in my tent with my HPS and by then a month and a half had passed!(I had planted it on May 25, it started flowering at about July 10 and i was like wtf?!).Totally, i have my autoflower growing and flowering for almost 4 months!!

Now for the Afghan ryders, i may be mistaken and i know that autoflowers' photoperiod is not like the photoperiod of regural ones, but why do you have cfls with 2700K and 6400K together?I think 2700K would be ok for your grow, from the beginning to the end. As for your 2 plants that are not identical, it's not rare for even the same strains to be growing a bit differently, in terms not only of height but of general growing.

If i were you i would remove the 6400K cfl and keep the one with the red spectrum only. And i would move the Dinafem fruit inside to provide it with cfl lighting. Also i would set my schedule to 20/4. I don't know, maybe i am wrong but this what i would try if your babies kept on not flowering.

Peace bro(patriotaki!!!):wave:

3. ok, so ive been seeing alot of people having problems with the auto northern lights crosses.. they have been having to flower them manually with 12/12.. give it a try.. cant hurt...

4. i posted this same thing in another forum (cannabis cafe) and one response was from someone who had grown the ryders and said that they dont show flowers until about the 4th week....so ill give it another week and a few days to see what happens

will let ya know :)

5. yea, bro. please keep us posted.. i was lookin at don an aerogarden with some autos but wanna get the strains down.. doesnt look like they have the kinks worked out of some of the genetics yet.

6. this one here, the afghan ryder kush, is supposed to be one of the best and most stable of them....22% thc!!! that and 60 days from seed to harvest....sounds freakin awesome...thats why im trying it....

im also doing a forced hermie (using colloidal silver) to propagate more seeds so i dont have to pay 10 euros each plus shipping :)

7. Ive got a whole Rx bottle full of seed for the plants im growin now.. whats the yield supposed to be on that? dont get these plants that are yielding 10-14 grams.. garbage i tell ya.. if im gunna wait 2 months till harvest then another month or so curing.. i definalty want more than a half oz. the one i have now were super easy to grow.. just tossed em in dirt and the fuckin took off! no special nothing!

8. colloidal silver a plant??? or the medical stuff?

9. lol yes the medical stuff....

it forces a female to produce pollen....thats how you create femmed seeds....

i wrote up directions on how to do it....but not sure if im supposed to post something i wrote on another forum here....but i will anyway....if a mod has a problem, just remove it :)

The Cannabis Cafe

10. too damn cool! i never knew that! When i was in prison i was stuck at a holding facility for 3 weeks... got out of my cell 3 times for a shower, once a week while i was there.. got this weird skin fungus.. had to use collodial silver to get rid of it.. had no idea it help with producing femmed seeds! thats fuckin amazing!

11. actually the use of colloidal silver can kill you personally...

it literally will turn your skin silver...

google it...LOL

12. very diluted mix.. not sure what i did but it fixed it.. that what the nurse was giving me. now im kinda freaked out.. lol am i gunna end up lookin like the tin man someday?

13. actually yes you could...if you kept on using it...

it builds up in your system

14. oh, was back in 08.. havent used it since, and dont plan on gettin pinched and goin back to the pokey ya digg.

15. lol....your vernacular is hilarious...

16. Thanks! Lifes to damn serious.. gotta make myslef laugh!

17. lol of course...

hahahahaha we are all stoners here :)

18. [quote name='"Jefftimmermann"']Thanks! Lifes to damn serious.. gotta make myslef laugh![/quote]

Lol I totally feel you on this...

19. Hey there bud. Subscribing to this thread.