Cant figure out this white paleness of half of a leaf in hydro

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by chicoguy, Sep 10, 2011.

1. #1 chicoguy, Sep 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2011
    There is this weird white paleness in one plants I have in my ebb and gro system. It seems to start on one half of the leaf, mostly. It's furthest from the light so I'm not thinking heat stress, no other signs of anything like it in any of the other plants. The only insect In the room is just a few house flies. I've seen powder mold in a different grow and this does not appear to be it.

my pH was at 7.7 for the first 36 hours, then I adjusted it to 6.5, and now it is at 5.8/6.0 (slowly over 2 weeks). I am using lucas formula and the only other deficiency I have noticed in two of the plants I will post up after. I'm thinking maybe just light burn/heatstress as they are directly under the bulb (2-3 feet of clearance).

2. .....

Attached Files:

3. Other sign of a deficiency two different plants have. That are nearest to the light. Hopefully a old deficiency from before I transplanted them out of cups of perlight (seeds) 2.5 weeks ago

Attached Files:

4. Anyone? It's starting to spread throughout the plant....

5. Light bleaching makes a little sense here.

Were they under flouros when they were in perlite?

6. I have a plant with the same exact symptoms in FFOF/FFLW. What is it?

7. Yes they were under fluorescents, that seems to make sense. I'll have to check and see if any of the newer leaves are affected