light cycle interruption

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by willywanka, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Hi, I had a power outage for about three hours while away from my plants- smack in the middle of the light period 12/12 in flowering. It only happened once but I am worried about hermies- should I be?

thanks

2. well theres nothing you can really do about it - make sure you adjust your timers forward 3 hours so the light cycle goes back to the exact time they are supposed to turn off

you should be cool, though.

3. #3 willywanka, Jul 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2011
    thank you- there was a small amount of bleed through light as I had the door open between veg and flower rooms, the veg room window covers were open but the light was dim to say the least- how dark dees it need to be for the plant to recognize it as a dark period?

4. during veg, cannabis can photosynthesize 24 hours a day. your OK there.

im not 100% sure of how dark it can actually get. i would do this: go in your room when it is dark. stay there for about 3-5 minutes to let your eyes fully adjust. can you see any colors on the plant, or is it all dark? can you make out distinguishable shapes in the darkness? if you answered yes to either one it isnt dark enough.

5. i'm sorry, let me re-ask the question. I had the door open on my flowering room during the day cycle- I always do this for unrelated reasons. when I lost electricity the flower room still got a very small amount of light for the time the power was out (just enough to tell colors of the plants but barely) coming in from the veg room. I'm not at all worried about the veg plants, just was wondering if the flowering plants would see that time as a dark period or if a very, very little amount of constant light would keep them from recognizing it? I've heard only interuptions to the dark cycle cause problems, not the other way around but I wanted someone with more experience to please tell! Thanks again

6. dude youll be fine. itll knock it off for like a day or so, but itll get back to norm. just dont do it too much.

7. thanks alot