Sick plants or paranoia?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by CommieNerd, Jul 26, 2011.

1. I've had a very rocky 6mo of growing and I think something is wrong again. None of my plants seem to be growing. It's been over three weeks since two of my seeds popped and two weeks since the rest have popped and most don't even have more than two leaves. Are the just stressed from the transplant to the ebb and flow? I know it was a bit early for them.

It's about 81 at root level and I put my hand out and its no where close to burning them. No nutes, just pH RO water.

If I'm just being paranoid, just tell me.

2. You didn't really give the particulars of your grow but I can guess. Is your ebb and flow non-nutrative, like rock wool, coir or something? So all they have to eat is plain water, RO water without even minerals, and they are 2-3 weeks old?
    Maybe they need to eat something, think i'd make some 1/4 strength nutrient solution for them.

3. Sorry, what particulars do you need? I was just told on my journal to give only water, I gave nutes two days ago and I was told it was too early.

4. Is the stuff they are growing in non-nutrative, or is it soil that you are growing in?

5. I think ya just need some more patience, .. ta Dial em in, .. dude .. ..

It will come .. .. :)

6. Oh, didn't know you could do ebb and flow in soil. Cool! Yes, they are in grow blocks in hydroton.

7. OooooO0oO .. .. .. Perhaps Coco would be a Better Medium for that .. .. Flow, .. *( Drip ) .. .. ..

Its plausible , .. Although, .. .. Much harder , .. .. But Hey dude, .. ..

on that Bright Side, .. .. ya can never really Touch em, .. .. too much, .. ..

*( Its Lovely, Soil Bound Plants ) .. ..

:)

8. Really? I've been afraid to touch them. May need to move them down to help stand them up better.

9. Been ta your GJ, .. .. It wont hurt ta Bury bout half that Stem *( s ) .. .. ..

Just be easy now on the H20 .. .. .. They will go POP, .. ..

If given a week, .. then Transplant ta a Bigger Pot, .. So ya won't get the ole, .. ..

Root bound .. .. .. :smoke:

10. Soil has nutes in it, nothing else does. You can ebb and flow soil it's just a longer cycle with more perlite...different story.

My original point was, that if you do not have them in soil, and the stuff you do have them in has no nutrients, then they haven't had anything since they popped. In soil they would already have stuff available for them to eat and in my opinion they usually need some Nitrogen and Phosphorous by 3 weeks...

11. I agree with ya, .. ..

But in the state they are in, .. .. I personally would get sum serious Roots going, ..

then transplant them.

I grow in W / HPS only, .. looking for roots, .. :smoke:

They are Bush, .. and Massive Roots, along for the ride ta the Gas Station, .. Then, ..

A Super Nova will appear .. .. Yeah .. .. .. :)

12. Thanks, I went to check them up close and get the roots examined and they were burnt. Up goes the light, burry them deeper.

13. Do you mean transplant them back. Into the propagator?

14. No, .. .. into a Bigger Medium *( Pot ) .. ..

Let them Roots inherit the Earth .. .. .. .. .. :D

15. #15 CommieNerd, Jul 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    They are in 6in pots and aren't more than an inch tall.

Just a few examples from Sunday.

Attached Files:

16. Let em .. .. Predominantly, .. B, .. ..

U using what water, . .. ?

17. #17 CommieNerd, Jul 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    RO water, pH balanced to 5.8.