Plant is doing something weird help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by RobH1954, Jul 17, 2011.

1. This all started as just putting bag seed in the ground-but they grew-and it became fun.I topped them (2) twice and they really took off-a bit spindly but hell this is bag seed and they look to be fems.
    My problem is with the leaves-if you look at the pics the tops are really getting screwey-I have tried more water-less water-more miracle grow- no miraclegrow.
    I have read on different forums-add this add that,crap they are all well intentioned but most give advise that is opposite or counter directive.Sorta like reading golf magazine-to correct this do this and then the next guy has you do the opposite thing.
    Heres where Im at:
    Planted near my veggies,water once every 3 or 4 days, miracle grow every 2 weeks (1 gal water to one scoop-the scoop thats in the box) and to control insects (there is NO control there) insecticidal soap-the kind you can spray today and eat the fruit tommorrow.
    I bought a cheap 2 prong PH meter at Lowes andit showed PH at 5.5-maybe a bit higher-of course its not top of the line or top of anything but it is what I have.any help will be appreciated.
    Im new at this-I would really like to see these girls produce something

Attached Files:

2. Ph should be higher in soil outdoors, should be about 6.8, i think its a Ph problem

3. can I take lime and add to the water when watering? will that work? I dont want to burn or upset the plants,I know it has to be done slowly-would say a tablespoon or lime to a gallon of water raise the ph?