New grower, new plants, probably old problem, sorry..

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Aztecmike, Jul 16, 2011.

1. What type of medium; soil or hydro? Soil
    What brand and type of soil? Regular compost with added John Innes. Mixed with perlite (80/20). Meant to have nutrients to last 4-5 weeks. Ph of 7
    Indoors or outdoors? Indoors in a closet.
    What strain? Both sativa / indica mixes. Names of Ministry of Cannabis: Nepalese Dragon and Ministry of Cannabis: Carnival, bought from an online seedbank.
    How old are the plants? Above soil for 10 days today.
    What type of lights and how many watts? 4 20w 6500k cfls for the first 8 days. Added a 200w 2700k red/blue cfl with reflector yesterday, remove 2 of the 20w 6500ks
    How far from the lights? 20w bulbs are about 2 inches or more from plants. 200w is about 8inchs or more away from them.
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? Transplanted them from propagator on the 3rd day above soil into 5litre pots (1.3 gallon). Both pots had been watered with half a litre (.5 quart) of ph 7 water. For the next 3 days just kept area around seedling moist, like a bottle cap of water. 7th day watered with 100ml. 8th day, 200ml. 9th 200ml again. nothing today. Only watered every day small amount as soil felt dry down at least 2 inches. And temp has been up since 200w added.
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? No nutes yet aside from whats in the compost. That's meant to be balanced, probably 15-15-15
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? temp for first 8 days never went above 27 celsius (80 fahrenheit). Since 200w added it has gone slightly above 30 celsius (86 fahrenheit). Have moved 200w further up to get temp down. Not sure what humidity is in the closet. Am in Ireland so the air is never to dry or wet. no air conditioners or artificial environments :) everything's lovely and green, from the mail (post) boxes to the leprechauns..
    What size pots? both in 5litre (1.3 gallon pots)
    Any bugs? Look real close. Not that i can see
    Any other pertinent info? Nope, not that I can think of.

Howdy, I'm a total beginner grower and am growing on a really limited budget. I'm not concerned with high yields this time round, just want to grow a plant from seed to harvest to see if I can do it, whatever bud i get from it is great, just as long as I get there.
    I planted 2 feminized seeds, that I bought from an online seed bank, in a regular propagator in the hope that one of them germinated. Both did after 2 days. They have been fairly healthy looking since then. I transplanted them after 3 days above soil into the 5litre pots, seemed to go without a hitch, both started to develop leaves as normally as I can tell, healthy and green. When they got to the stage where both had at least 2 pairs of serrated leaves I decided to add a 200w bulb. I probably had it too close to begin with and the increase in temp from around 27c to 31/32c seems to have maybe impacted on the two plants and they are wilting a little bit. One of them (the bigger one) has leaves that haven't fully open up yet, kinda still curled in on themselves, not curled under, not sure if that's normal.
    Anyway, I've moved the main 200w light up and away from the plants (about a foot away now) and temp has gone back to 27c.

I'm wondering, looking at the pics, if anyone has any other ideas as to what might be wrong? I'm sure nearly everyone on here is a million times more experienced than me so any suggestions would be hugely welcome :) Should I water them more? less? Add nutes yet? Hit me with your knowledge….

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      376.8 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      275.5 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg