Bug problem in soil???

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by GreenElite, Jul 10, 2011.

1. I'm in week 6 of flower and was skimming through the soil of my plants and noticed these fruit fly/Knat looking bugs. 5-10 in each crawling from out of my soil. I sprayed neam oil over the soil for a couple days and I don't think anything has changed. I also noticed a couple very tiny ones climbing up the stem of the plant. I know my room has spider mites like almost all others at this time of year, but these are definitely not spider mites. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. I have the exact same thing happening right now, it didn't happen until this heat wave started.

3. I had this issue in the past go and get yourself some Aza-Max worth every last penny, get some prethyrin to kill them right now it can be purchased at walmart for 5-7 dollars, and will kill them on contact and then use the Aza-max to keep them away, some people say to use neem oil but it fucks up my plants sometimes!

4. I've been using neam oil but it doesn't seem to be able to get them all. After 3 days they've started to decline but I guess I'll be heading to Walmart asap! So is azamax at any grow store? Thanks a ton man.

5. The guys at the local hydro store recommended me this gognats along with this coco wet wetting agent, I'll post up how it worked.

Attached Files:

6. So would the wetting agent really be necessary? Seems like that would be overdoing it, if possible.

7. Do they jump? Are they white/light tan? Are they so tiny you have to squint to see them? If so they are probably springtails or soil mites and wont hurt your plants. Having springtails is actually a good sign that your soil is very rich in organic nutrients. They feed on decomposing matter but don't eat live plants. Sometimes after you water they will come running out to avoid drowning. If they really bother you, let your soil dry out more between waterings. This will decline the population drastically. Best of luck!

8. By the way, Neem oil is very ineffective for these little fuckers and probably wont work.

9. I believe they are springtails. They are very tiny and do jump to avoid me spraying them, and I see the verrry little ones crawling on my base of the plants sometimes.I have only been using Superbloom and a 1 gallon mix from my good friend. The plants have been reacting well to them but the buds on my last sativas are taking real long to bloom. 1 is a medicine woman and the other is a trinity. Anyways getting off topic, thank you again.