Tiny white eggs!! Pics attached...HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by blairsie420, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Hey everyone,

I'm growing 4 different strains (very first grow ever) outdoors... I've got Strawberry Cough, Big Bang, Cole Train & Bubba Kush. The first 3 have been flowering for about 3 weeks, Bubba K about a week.

I've noticed these tiny white/yellow colored eggs on my plants before, just a few of them, and my first instinct was always to pick them off immediately then smash it between my nails and some juicy stuff comes out. The eggs are always on the underside of leaves, usually very close to the buds.

I was using Neem 2 spray then switched to Azamax. I always use these lightly just because I don't want to saturate the buds with them... but I guess I should be using more.

Today I found 1 on my CT and probably 8 of them on my BB!!! NOT COOL!! :mad: So after picking a few off I actually remembered to go grab my camera and take pics of the little bastards. Here they are:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Size ref: [​IMG]

Can somebody please explain to me what these things are????

The only other issue I've seen is these tiny webs between the leaves (usually I spot first thing in AM and remove them).

I have researched tiny white eggs and not seen any conclusive answer to exactly what kind of eggs they are.... what lays them.... and what they turn into if they hatch...???

Will Azamax kill whatever it is that's causing the problem? How often would you recommend using it?

Also I keep reading that you can't use any ferts (I use Earth Juice Bloom) or any pesticides during the last 2 weeks of flowering... well what do you do when you are in that time period and your plant is getting infested???

The main thing I need to find out is what the little eggs are... and how to kill them.

Thanks so much! :)

2. Aw, Blairsie420...Im almost positive theyre spider mites.

Please check real good for the adults - they have to be there.

In the webbing, under the leaves, inside the budz, everywhere.

I will help u thu these last 2 weeks if ya want.

Get back to me.

Freak
    :smoking:

3. Hey Freak...

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. :)

I have been looking at them really closely every day. That's what's most frustrating is that I can find those tiny white eggs, yet I never see what's laying them. Well after almost an hour of scouring the CT with a magnifying glass I FINALLY spotted the little shit!! I saw a bunch of tiny webbing stuff between a couple of the lower stems and there it was, just chillin next to a bud...

Only it's not a spider mite.... it's an actual spider. Very small, kinda clear looking with brown spots on it. I grabbed it with tweezers as I hate spiders!! I took a bunch of pics before I killed it but only this one came out:

[​IMG]

I've only been seeing the eggs on the CT & the BB so I squirted them both pretty good with the Neem2. My plan is to alternate the Neem2 with the Azamax. How often do you think I should use them? I try & avoid spraying the buds cuz I don't want them to taste like shit. Or should I spray the buds too? Again I'm about 3 weeks into flower (estimation as I didn't write the exact day down) except the BK, which has only been flowering 1 wk.

This being my first grow I just have no experience when it comes to bugs and safely eliminating them without hurting my girls & affecting the final product.

4. #4 Freakbro1, Sep 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2010
    Lol Blairsie !!!

Holy shit, are those ever tiny spider eggs !!! Its a species of garden spider.
    He's harmless to the weed. He can, or should I say she, can make a mess tho.

She is comfortable enough there to deposit her eggs on your plant. The way she deposited them all over the place is really not characteristic of a spider. They are laid in clutches and spun into a waterproof coccoon. Oh well. Constantly fascinating...

So, its up to u what ya wanna do. I hope u dont kill her. But if ya do, I wont hate on ya lol ;). Remember, she will eat pests.

Spun silk is pure and will not hurt u unless half your joint is fulla webs lol.

Freak

5. Oh shit... I totally did kill her.

I feel bad now... I didn't know she was actually good for the plant because she eats pests :(
    I'm sorry spider!

Oh well, too late now. I am glad to know those eggs were hers and not something worse. It had me stressin for a bit.

Thanks! :smoking:

6. I hope it rains on ya tonite lol ;) !!!

Freak

7. just because u asked for it ...

i use aza max every 4-7 days. i mix 1 tbs in a gallon of pure osmosis water then put it in spray bottle and dowse tops and bottoms of leaves. i only did this twice before a couple days ago i realized the spidermites were everywhere so now i spray every 3-4 days. notice a little difference each time i spray. will prob stop spraying with 1 week b4 harvest. or try to put azamax into the plant water but idk how good that works
    ...and i use mother earth juice veg/bloom shit is awesome

8. nice blairse i see those thc glands:D
    how much longer till harvest??
    and how is ur weather?? curious cuz i got a baby big bang growing out doors too

9. Fuck those spider peeks are fucky when your lit.

10. I've read this post over ND over. I have my own garden and I am guessing I have the same issue. I have found about 50+ small eggs on my bud leaves.

I thought they were catapillar eggs but I'm reading this post and your saying it's a spider... I spend time everyday checking my plants for some reason I can not find anything.

I've seen small Web but very small and very rare.

But these eggs are everywhere.

I couldn't see these pictures on this post either so I couldn't compare