Black tips, under curled leaves

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by CFLapprentice, Jul 22, 2010.

1. After I watered yesterday, I noticed she got a little droopy. Later in the evening she seemed to pick back up except for the top fan leaves. They started to droop even more. Before lights out I noticed a little black tip on one of the curled leaves. Upon inspection at lights on the top fan leaves seemed to under curl, ram horns or claw, and the black had spread to the edges. Now they look like claws for sure and the black is spreading starting at the tips and edges and moving inward. The 2 fan leaves look like they are shriveling up. It seems to be only affecting these 2 sets of leaves at the top and not the rest of the plant. She is about 25 days old from bagseed. I used MG moisture control mixed with perlite and guano. She was planted in a jiffy pot and that pot was planted into the bigger pot at 14 days. I havent begun any nutes yet and have been watering with bottled water, our tap water smells like a public pool. Ive researched awhile today and seem to get a million answers. Sorry for the pics, its the best I can do. Please help, i'm a n00b.

Attached Files:

2. It looks thirsty to me. How are you watering? If you dump all the water in at once, it can drain quickly and cause dry pockets. It's ideal to take a bottle (like gatorade or sunny d), poke holes in the cap and use that as a watering can. Slow watering helps the soil catch the water better.

Jorge Cervantes recommends a drop or two of dish soap as a "wettening agent."

Truly, I think you're okay. You likely have some dry pockets in the roots causing those two leaves to be thirsty. Otherwise your plant is looking good and healthy! :)