DWC Easy Ryders, browning leaf tips.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by BMP, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Hey Gc, this is my second grow but my first run at hydro. Over the past few days my leaf tips have been browning. It is possible that ph was the start of the issue but I have since assured myself that the ph is in the correct range, and the problem is still persisting. It is happening very slowly, but still getting worse over time. Could it possibly be nutrient burn? I am using General Hydroponics Micro and Bloom. Right now my ppm level in my reservoir is 490. I feel like this should not be too high for this stage of growth, considering my larger plant just showed her first pistils yesterday :hello:. Could this possibly be a defficiency? I used distilled water as a base then added nutrients and adjusted the ph from there.

Pics for clicks.

Leaf example
    [​IMG]

My larger plant (Alpha)
    [​IMG]

My smaller plant (Omega)
    [​IMG]

2. Bump. Want my girls to live! Please help.

3. looks like the beginning of nute burn, but if you have corrected the ph and have the right ppm she will recover just fine. out of curiosity though what is you humidity level, those leaves shouldnt be curling upward, unless there is a magnesium def happening but that shouldnt be the case with micro nutes, unless its not getting enough which is unlikely at this point.

4. I don't know what my humidity level is, but these are in a decently small cabinet under a 150w hps. I would assume that the humidity level is pretty high considering they are sitting on top of ten gallons of water, however I could be wrong. I don't have a way to measure it at this time.

5. yeah the humidity should be just fine then. just keep an eye on them and make sure it doesnt get worse. i think they will be good, just need some recovery time.

6. i would go get a small reptile humidity gauge and check it. that started happening to me. i flushed and did everything i could think of. then it hit me humidity. if your in a colder state like me being in michigan its something we need to worry about a little more.

7. I'm thinking about transplanting to soil, I know that it will stress out the plant a bit. However, I know for a fact that I can grow in soil and I really don't want them to die. I'm afraid I won't be able to fix their problems and I would rather them have less yield than them die and get nothing. Let me know your input guys.

8. besides the little bit of nute burn on the tips it looks pretty good. I wouldn't transplant but thats just me.

9. Well the girls have been growing fast but still have had problems. I believe that my pH meter is out of wack but I ordered gh ph drops and I am using these now. According to these my pH should be between 5.5 and 6.0. From the looks of the leaves I guess I was having a lock out. Last night my ppm level was at 600 and now it is 547 so it shows that they are taking up nutes right?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. So my girls have grown a lot, but are still showing signs of abuse. I have flushed multiple times and I can assure you that pH is correct. Distilled water with gh micro and bloom, ppm level is 370. That seems low but when I flushed 2 times ago I thought it was because my ppm's were too low so I upped the nutrients and they still got worse so I had to flush again. Also, I think at 32 days they should be gaining some bud mass considering they normally only go 60-70 days max. Do you think this is because of them being sick? The last picture is of the top of the main cola with some pistils showing. Any ideas? ---They are tied down now in some spots because they were getting too tall.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. That looks exactly like my ladies at the moment. Ive been told its nute burn and to flush and run 1/2 strength nute mix until my tds meter arrives.

My pH pen says 5.8 and swing to 6.0 in 24hours and there drinking water. New growth looks good on mine too.

I thought it was a mag deficiency but was told otherwise.

I'm interested in how you go.

12. [quote name='"BMP"']So my girls have grown a lot, but are still showing signs of abuse. I have flushed multiple times and I can assure you that pH is correct. Distilled water with gh micro and bloom, ppm level is 370. That seems low but when I flushed 2 times ago I thought it was because my ppm's were too low so I upped the nutrients and they still got worse so I had to flush again. Also, I think at 32 days they should be gaining some bud mass considering they normally only go 60-70 days max. Do you think this is because of them being sick? The last picture is of the top of the main cola with some pistils showing. Any ideas? ---They are tied down now in some spots because they were getting too tall.

[/quote]

I know this is a old thread but mine are doing the exact same thing what was the cure?

13. Looks like a classic Magnesium deficiency. Epsom salts is your cure.

Check this guide out. It's very helpful.

14. [quote name='"BlazedNAmuzed"']

Looks like a classic Magnesium deficiency. Epsom salts is your cure.

Check this guide out. It's very helpful.[/quote]

Thanks for the link:)

Yea I think my ppm was to high even at 960ppm using Lucas formula. What's weird they where fine in veg but then in flower I think the ppm being to high some how locked everything out even though Ph was dead on 5.8.

I'm using a rdwc for a single plant. So I'm doing a 24hour flush see how everything looks may make it a 48 hour flush I prob waited to long to flush. Because I was trying to fight rust with Cal mag.

Cause now the buds smell super sour like granny smith apples instead of buds but I'm still not trying to loose hope. Just let it run on out supposed to be near done in 4 weeks today