Is this a symptom of overwatering? What is the problem

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Jdahms, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Yesterday
    [​IMG]

Today

[​IMG]

I watered it last night until there was 1/3 runoff like ive read you are supposed to, I water once every 4-5 days. This morning when I checked the plant its leaves were dropping significantly and the bottom leaves were turning yellow. did I over water the plant? What else could cause these symptoms? My research on google turned up a bunch of different information.

2. HIGH All, hey Jdahms....it does look like it for sure...is that Mulch you have in your Pot?
    Wait a Few Days before watering again...our Beloved Herb likes it Dry than it does Wet...so just wait and Hopefully you'll see your Little one Perk up.

3. yeah overwartered for sure!

4. bah I thought so! Shes looking MUCH better today so I dont think I killed it. Ill just have to be more careful.

Thanks for the help guys:D

5. Also, that container you are using looks a little big for the size of the plant. Most likely the roots are stretching towards the bottom and sides of the container. When it does this, you notice your girl will look very droopy, just like it was overwatered so be careful.

PS- are those friggen stems on the top soil? WTF man? What kind of soil is that? Very questionable choice, might want to ditch it for something more reliable.

6. ^Didnt know that about the container size that's good information, but at this point I think I'll just keep it in this pot. the plant is looking much better now 2 days after I watered it.

Yes those are stems. My buddies were throwing all of their stems in the pot like idiots and I just haven't picked them out yet.

The soil I bought is supposed to be very good, there was just some debris in it for some reason. Most of the debris it is on the top there, the rest of the soil is not cluttered by debris like that. I plan picking up a new bag of soil soon and hopefully this time it wont have any of that crap in it.