Brown Spot in Center of Leaf

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Quickbeam, Feb 11, 2005.

1. I have a 12 day old Citral, and about three days ago, I noticed a small brown spot form in the center of one of the first leaves, then yesterday, the spot had grown, and now it is even larger, on both first leaves now. There is also yellowing of the cotyldons, I gave it 1/4 strength 17-17-17 liquid fert because I thought it might have been a phosphorus or potassium deficiency, but the problem has steadily gotten worse. I don't think it is some kind of parasite, because I have handled all of my plants, and this is the only one that has the problem. Oddly it originated in the center of the leaf... anyone have this problem before? Any help would be appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. Some slightly more updated/cleaner pictures.

Attached Files:

3. I have checked all the info I can find online and everything points to phosphorus deficiency, but the liquid fert I gave it has potassium phosphate in it, phostphate having phosphorus, unless the plant cannot break that down... any help?

4. HIGH All, it Almost looks like something was spilled on the leafs and burnt them...have they gotten worse?

5. I was always very careful not to spill any water on the leaves, so I don't think that is it. I went out and got some phosphate fertalizer and mixed some of it into water (it was the pellet kind) and started giving it that. It seems to have done the trick, but the plant is still growing very slowly, I cut off the bad leaves in the pics above. The problem moved to the next set of leaves then seems to have stagnated. It is way behind all of my other plants. I guess I will just have to wait and hope for the best.

6. I've grown a few plant's it the past which have all came down with the same problem, i think it might be down to over watering

7. That set of leaves are old and will die off also, and if anyone was really paying attention I notice your watering job. Why did you only water that small perticular spot around the plant when watering fill entire surface almost up to lip and let excess water drain out. Water half ass (no disrespect) will ensure a toxic build up of ferts, so water so you get about 15 percent run off. You wont overwater unless you fill it everyday, but when the pot is dry water it fully salt build up is deadly for plants.

8. It isn't over watering the plant would have serverly wrinkled leaves

9. I didn't think about the watering, but you are right, that could possibly be it, however, since I took these pics, the problem has pretty much cleared up. It was getting really bad, so I took the whole plant out of the soil, washed the roots, and repotted it. Since then, it has been growing great. Thanks for the advice.