small issue with jeesal (lagit chemdawg relotives) please reasure me :D

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by mrnicebuddsn1, Oct 29, 2009.

1. heyyyy mrnicebuddsn1 here makin my first post since my last faild post a while bak and im back with a hole new set of problems ... so me n my non existant growset up have about 5 clones going that were decently established when i recieved them in rockwoll cubes in party cups with some soil.... so about a week or so after i got them and they had grown and become more healthy and established had no apparent problems except 1 or 2 of them having slight red/purple in the main stalk... so once about a week or so had passed i transplanted the lil babies into about 3 gal pots with organic top soil some organic seed starting mixtures, and some kitty litter in place of perlite (all the stors were out n i read in 1 my books kitty litter was ok? lol) n my trace nutes in bloodmeal n espoma organic gardin foods 10-10-10 or 5-10-5 and threw in some banna peals for potasium and made sure to mix all thoes in a verry small amount for the earley stages as they are still only about 6 or 7 " tall so i dont risk over doing the nutes i also started of using only distilled water and then just switched 2 a pur water filter and using tap water once i transplanted 2 save some dough in the long run altho im not sure if my water may be to hard even with the shitty filter but i digress my questions are that the red/purple in the few stems turned 2 pretty much completly purple in all the main stalks the day after transplanting to there 3 gal pots i had the pots wet for the inital transplant and waterd a small amount more after they were in the pots to make sure n i havent waterd since ... in adition 2 of the plants have a small portion or lower leaf that has yellowed slightly browned n curled up or twisted .... im thinking using the nitrogen treated water i have been thinking it could b N deficiant and i read about 1 table spoon or a 1/4th tablespoon of epsom salt or some lime added to my gal's of water to solve any calcium buildup and lower my ph and let my nutrients into the plant .... i think ? lol i do not know if that is something i should do tho any help would b greatley opretiated i will try and post pics and i pray som 1 ansure me lol .. ps i do not know how to post pics help on that would be help full as well lol aslo the lights i am using are several 150 or 100 cfl's 42 or 23 equivlant and they are all on 24 hour light as they are sharing a room with a bunch of other lil seedlings untill about 2 or 3 weeks when i switch them to flower in a diff room with more cfl's and maybe a 400w hps if needed thanx for any help

2. #2 dragonsfire1988, Oct 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2009
    You already posted this under another name...just bump that one, dude, don't clutter the board...
    Wow, just noticed you've posted this same thing four times...take it easy, man.

And don't use kitty litter...who knows whats in that shit, just get some perlite or deal without. Kitty litter is NOT organic, by the way.
    I suggest not using any fresh banana peels, either...they need to go through some decomp before they're good for plants...you never know what's left in that shit, either, with pesticides and fertlizers and crap going around....and the nutes you listed (10-10-10 etc) already have potassium...that's what the third number is (N-P-K)....

You need some pics for us to determine what is wrong...it was hell getting through that block of text too, maybe break it down a bit for easy reading...

You need to check the Ph of your water before your plants get it, and check the runoff Ph...adjust as necessary after you get some PhUp and PhDown products. Twisted leaves and spots mostly point to a Ph problem, plus Ph issues are one of the leading causes of MJ death :(

N Deficiency typically does not show spots, the leaves just go yellow throughout starting at the tip. If you've given it nutes, it probably does not have a deficiency, but rather a Ph problem or nute burn.

Check the Ph and then Flush with Ph corrected water.

A few more tips: Only water when the soil is dry 2" deep...Don't bother listing the 'incandescent equivilant' wattage here (150 or 100 you listed), they mean nothing...Epsom salt is mostly used for Mag and Sulpher deficiencies, but most nutes already contain micronutrients such as Mag, Sulpher, Calcium, etc...

Oh, read this page and bookmark it:
    http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=11688&page=1&pp=15
    and read all the stickies on this board.

good luck.

3. #3 mrnicebuddsn1, Oct 29, 2009
    lol my bad im new to all this thanx for your input and your right bout the kitty litter and banana peals but 1 gook i got said the kitty litter was cool n i checked it for any alarmingly harmful chemicals and the banana peal idea came

from my boss at a garden shop for her flowering roses i figured the extra potash hurt much and yes im well aware the k in n-p-k is potash and i already had some but i didn't want to over do it on my base fertilizer but wanted to

add just a lil more potash so i threw in the banana peals ..... just a few per
    o0o0o0o0o0o 25 or so gal or soil all together when i mixed everything from my previous soil mixture list ... and as for you knocking on my light
    description

again im sorry im a "noob" and im trying to play by all the rules here and ask the right way because i really do want to learn and be good at this and provide help to people on here as well ... that being said im using 150 and

100 watt equivalent bulbs that are 42 and 23 watt actual usage and put out ... i cant remember exactly at the moment but somewhere around 3000 lumens and 1500 and i got a shit ton of ummm and i got no idea how to

post pics on this damn thing and need to take some better pics as well ... thanx again for any info and any more would b welcome and greatley operated ..... and i used the same name b4 i just gotta do some work with my babies 2 night and rlly need some feed bak lol/ lol pluss what easy quickly found things can i use 2 ph treat my water ? trying to stay away from quick fix chemicals thanx again​

4. #4 dragonsfire1988, Oct 29, 2009
    I wasn't trying to "knock" you for being a "noob," these posts are just a bit overwhelming, you know....4 posts of the same block of text? come on...sorry if I sounded like an ass but I hope you can understand where I'm coming from.

There is no "quick fix" that will solve your issues overnight.

You've got to test your Ph first and go from there. If Ph is okay (6.5-6.8) then you have a Nute problem...most likely a deficiency, but you have already given nutes so you should be taken care of when it comes to a deficiency...makes me think you have a Ph problem which can cause a number of issues such as red stems and yellow leaves...

To add pics, when you make a post (not a quick-reply) click on the button that says "manage attachments" and attach the images from your comp.

Oh, what's the book you have that said kitty litter was okay?? Dunno what your litter is, but mine doesn't even have ingredients listed...

5. The best products you'll find to adjust Ph will be PhUp and PhDown labeled products..General Hydroponics is a good brand. Household chemicals can be more harmful than helpful most of the time....but...vinegar can lower Ph, baking soda can raise it, just don't use them in large doses - ONLY in emergencies

6. lol naaa completely understandable i here where you commin from im trying to improve lol and the book i got that talks bout kitty litter being a good alternative to vermiculite not perlite like i was saying .. book name invisible

marijuana by robert bunch .... ha ha n just still wondering what the "quick fix" for getting my water better fast to correct the problem i know there no quick

fix in the problem itself ha ha never is but i just dont know where to look in terms of getting my water right .... what to add to it to get the ph right ... but im assuming its probably to high and i need to lower it i just dont know how lol

Attached Files:

7. #7 dragonsfire1988, Oct 29, 2009
    I answered the Ph question a sec ago, check the post above your recent one...don't try to adjust it until you actually know what the Ph is, then go from there

From that pic, the plants look healthy and beautiful...

Never heard of the book, but I can't understand why he'd say kitty litter is okay...

8. wo0op didn't c that last post lol thanx n yeh it says he was at some planting horticultural expo and he saw some guy growing strawberries in a garbage bag filled with kitty litter and rushed home and tried it himself with oil dry and

moistened it with a nutrient solution ended up with 6 ft plants from 5 gal pickle buckets .... pretty sweet book ied suggest looking into it .. got a pretty sweet

"high in the sky " grow method of a projected yield of 20 lbs !!!!! pretty kool well thanx again fro all the help happy growing.... ha ha p.s thanx for the comment on the pic but as i said i gotta take more pics lol that pic i believe was 1 day prior to all the questions and concerns i had ha ha new pics soon tho ha ha

9. #9 jcj77d, Oct 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2009
    imo, your still having ph issues which can cause nute lockout & then nute defency. get a digital ph meter, thats all u need, it will test your water/feeding water, & your runoff (which tells u your soils ph). ebay has them cheap, or look @ pool supply store.
    u cant post the same pic 2 times period due to bandwidth issues, though there are ways around it, by right clicking the pic, properties, then copy they web address of the pic & then use the button to post your pic, just paste the web address.

look in the organic section for tea recipies.
    dont use that vinager use apple cider vinager its better for them & organic.
    it also looks like u got water/food on some of those leaves & the light hit it & burned them like a mag glass & the sun does

if your using a preferted soil, this will cause probs from start to finish, use a organic soil.

what i would do is flush those plants w/ 7.0 ph'd water & h2o2 (5-10ml/cc per gal, this will help w/ overwatering) w/ 3x the amount of pot size, eg: 2gal pot = 6gal flush, & on the last gal use 1/4 strength ferts mixed in.

to be honest also, i wouldnt put bannanas or cat litter in my soil, i bet if u transplanted them into good organic potting soil & perlite (try to rinse off as much soil from root ball as possible) they would do better.