Are these spider mites?! Help diagnose plant health

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by 802, Oct 22, 2009.

1. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm also trying to figure out why some of the leaves look the way they do
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. phew! good looks, thanks.

3. #4 newb101, Oct 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2009
    anytime :)

4. looks like those white flies that are pretty harmless but hard to get rid of. can you see them fly when you shake the plant?

you over fertilized them, hence the burnt leaves. back off that N

5. I received them veg'd showing signs of sex with the chem burn actually... although since they've recovered one has developed a P deficiency since I was flushing them with water for a little too long probably. Now I've introduced low doses of nutes again.

They don't have wings and they can't fly. When I try to brush them off a leaf or squish them they run down the center vein towards the stem/underside of the leaf. I believe they are a type of thirps and have purchased neem oil to fight them off. The bottle I have says to mix the neem oil with water and ProTeKt or liquid dish soap... do other people mix with these ingredients? The guy at the local hydro store suggested I create a 'bath' and dunk the plants in it upside down to wipe them out quicker (just started the flower cycle yesterday worried about further leaf damage). My pots might be a little to big for that but I'd also like feedback on that process as opposed to spraying plants.

If you look at the pic above, the third image from the top, you can see where they are eating away the chlorophyll. Input???

6. well they got a neem oil bath last night (spray not dunk) and it seemed to have gotten most of them once the ladies dried off and the lights were back on.

I'll be playing thirp assassin for the next few days in order to snipe off the few that remain. The bottle says only to apply neem oil every 2-4 weeks does anyone know why this is?