Leaves on Sprouts Curling and Browning

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by sccardslax05, Jun 10, 2009.

1. So my sprouts popped from the ground about a week ago and the past day or two the first two leaves (not the cotyledons) have been curling up and turning brown. I checked the list of problems and it said a magnesium deficiency so I checked the ph of my water cuz thats all im using right now and its between 6 and 6.5. So i dont know if its the soil ph. If it is the soil ph what should i do. Ive attached a couple pictures but its hard to see cuz my camera is no good.

Attached Files:

2. not enough info to give any help. What kinda of soil are you running. Did you feed at all? Whats are you watering with distilled/tap/RO? What are your temperatures and humidity levels.

One thing I can say is your soil looks very wet. You plant does'nt need to be WET. It just needs a little bit of moisture. It's good for the soil to look dry on top but have decent moisture down below. That means water is evaporating and provideing humidified pores in the root zone.

3. r they to wet do u have holes n the bottom of ur cups?

4. im using happy frog potting soil im watering about once a day with very little water maybe 2-3 oz in each cup. yes the cups have holes in the bottom for draining but ive only ever used enough water for it to have to drain once. im not using any sort of nutrients and im using a 400w mh light thats about 15 in from the top of the cups temperature is about 78 and not sure of humidity but should be low. i keep the door open during the day when im home and use a box fan to circulate air. checked the ph of the water i was putting in to the plants and it ranged from 6-6.6 somewhere in there. i dont have a water ph meter so its just a guess from a liquid tester. also im watering with tap that has been sitting out for quite a while, switched the tap out with new water hopefully that will make a difference