kush clones dont want to root - do thay need special treatment?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by screwdababylon!, Feb 1, 2009.

1. #1 screwdababylon!, Feb 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2009
    hi there!

i got a question! i got MASTER KUSH and THAI HAZE SKUNK clones in the same cloner. (water temp 90-95 F) 80% of THS clones rooted. and the KUSH ones aint doing shit. is KUSH special in some way? what to do?

peace GC
    :smoking:

2. I have a fair bit of experience cloning Master Kush and have found it to be a slow starter.

Using trays and plugs it usually takes 7-10 days for anything to show and it is often over 2 weeks before many of them are ready to transplant.

I played with 3 rounds in a cloner and eventually gave up and went back to plugs.

My guess is that your relatively high res temp is slowing things down. If you were to put the res pump on a 15 minute on/off timer you could probably lower the temps 5 degrees or so.

Are you adding Peroxide daily? A warm res can brew all kinds of funk that will also slow your rooting process.
    Make sure you adjust pH afterwards, but a few drops of 35% peroxide can take all the nasties out of the picture.

3. thanks man...
    but i thought warm water is better for rooting clones.
    maybe i shouldnt get over 90 but that suppose to be only better.
    THS clones show that it works fine.
    im not adding peroxide. but ill keep it in mind if some shit show up.
    ill just wait a bit more and see.
    :wave:

4. Try soaking your fresh cuts in a solution of 1/4 tsp SuperThrive per gallon distilled water for about 30 minutes before moving to cloner. Make sure solution is luke warm. I've had hard to root strains before, and when I did the soak, it pulled the hormones and vitamins into the fresh cutting and seemed to expidite rooting.
    If nothing else, it can't hurt, but possibly it will help speed up your MK's rooting time.
    Good Luck

5. Who says 90 degrees is best for cloning machines?

The directions that came with the machine call for water temps in the low-mid 70's with air temps slightly higher.

Cannabis is not a tropical plant (especially Kush varieties that hail from cool high altitude areas) , and does not generally like high heat .... especially when they are young.

I absolutely think that success and speed of root development in cloning machines is directly related to heat. The warmer the water the slower the rooting process and the less likely you are to be successful.

As for the Peroxide use ..... cuttings are delicate creatures and need plenty of TLC .... waiting for problems to happen is not a terribly good tactic. I try to be pro-active and anticipate likely problems. 90 degree water in a closed environment is just asking for bacterial growth .... its not a question of IF this will happen ... just WHEN.

6. i dont have that thing(
    can anything replace it?
    tnx anyway)

7. its all somwhere here on the forum
    ill drop the temp a bit and see whats up.
    ill keep it in mind
    tnx man.

8. Most home improvement stores will have it, it is a liquid supplement. You can find it at Lowes, Home Depot, and Ace Hardware to name a few.

Heres a link to a free sample:

http://www.superthrive.com/freetrial.html

Good Luck bro......

9. dont have any of these in my country bro)
    tnx anyway
    i belive thay will show roots soon anyway