Does This Look Like Magnesium Deficiency?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by rickblaine, Nov 22, 2008.

1. I've got two or three weeks of flowering left; this problem started about a week ago. I just put some epsom salts into the nutes, assuming that it's a magnesium deficiency but I'm not altogether sure that's what I have. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. You have multiple problems but first fill in the following
    We need all the info on your grow including:

What type of medium; soil or hydro?
    What brand and type of soil?
    Indoors or outdoors?
    What strain?
    How old are the plants?
    What type of lights and how many watts?
    How far from the lights?
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK?
    What is the medium/runoff pH?
    What are the temps and humidity in the room?
    What size pots?
    Any bugs? Look real close.
    Any other pertinent info?

3. This is an indoor closet grow in soil (Fox Farm Ocean Breeze) in 3 gallon pots. I've got four plants going under a 400 Watt HSP light. The strain is Millenium Bud from Dr. Greenthumb. I'm well into flowering, probably two to three weeks away from harvest. Shortly after I posted, I checked the distance from the top of the plants to the light and they had crept up more than I realized. They were at about 10 inches but I've backed them off now to 18+ inches.

As far as I can tell, there are no bugs.

Right now, I'm using Botanicare Pure Blend Pro (a little less than a tablespoon per half gallon of water) and am feeding every two to three days. Last week, I started adding a teaspoon of blackstrap molassed to the mix, as well.

4. what's the runoff PH on your soil?

5. Have you flushed? To me it looks like a mag def. but I think it may be caused from root lock out. Are you adjusting the PH of the water? Also, feeding them every 2 or 3 days is way too much especially in 3 gl pots. I am almost positive it is root lock caused from a combination of salt build up in the soil, poor PH, and over feeding. Flush them w/ water balanced to 6.0-6.5 PH using 3 gallons water to every gl of soil, so in your case 9 gls of water. Let the soil dry a few days, then give them a shot of molasses and use pure water the last few weeks of flowering. I think you will be fine.

less

6. Makes a lot of sense. I'll give it a try. Thank you.

7. Well, I flushed them this afternoon. I'll keep you posted.