Pistils turning amber too soon

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by iamgrodan, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Hello all,

I am new to this site and fairly new to the game.

As the topic says, pistils turning amber too soon, and I'm stumped. They seem to start turning very very light amber on a few pistils at approx. week 4 or week 5 and progressively spread. Now, I have no idea what sort of symptoms or causes could cause the plant to start finishing soon early?

Any ideas as too why this could happen?

2. They aren't "finishing early". Some pistils just tend to amber up faster than others.

3. quite normal mate would'nt worry:)
    some strains turn amber around the 3-4th week from 12/12, some turn later.

dont go by the colours of the pistols too see if your babies are ready ,get a magnifyer x30 & check the trichomes too see if milky or milky/amber

dont worry bud, alls well:)

peace..................:smoke:

4. I've had success with them before and they never turned amber so early. Possibly because it was winter and they were getting hammered by fresh cool air. Im not sure, but it seems they finish/ambering early in the summer.

I know they truly dont finish, the growth of the buds seem to slow down due to the pistils turning amber

5. nah definitley nothing to worry about. Like motor said, go by the cryystals. Also, if some of your leaves are blowing against the pistils ive noticed that they seem to turn amber when the are being touched by the other leaves.

6. trim the lower useless leaves that are wilting/discolored

7. What if the trics turn brown then shrink down?

8. I also am concerned about pistil color changes now in 3rd wk of flowering. The tallest has pistils that look "damaged" various colors even brown and dry appearing. I found a site that suggested PH pro
    blems. And that was an issue now fixed but new ones have started to change; What about root bound? My other plant seems to be heading that way also. I'm tempted to harvest thes handful ; any ideas?:confused:

9. Pistils are supposed to get brown/orange/red as the plant matures. It's totally normal and nothing to worry about. My sour d and headband plants still have a few weeks of flowering and nearly all the pistils have turned color and dried up. Worry about how your leaves look, how your buds are growing, and the color of your trics. Pretty much ignore the pistils.

10. Leaves are storehouses of mobile nutrients, if you trim them off they aren't storehouses anymore and the plant suffers in the long run. They all have the capacity to make energy for the plant to use making buds too, but only if they are on the plant. Only remove spent leaves, they are easy to spot because they fall off by themselves and you have to pick them up off the floor :)

11. hey guys greetings im not sure why my leaves look like this and why there grwoing like that out of the buds any idea? :confused_2:

Attached Files: