Powdery Mildew- options?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Guerilla Guy, Dec 13, 2007.

1. So in the last 2 days, i've seen a few very small localized patches of what i think is powdery mildew. these plants are almost 6 weeks into flowering, we were planning to harvest in about 2 weeks. we pulled the bits of leaves off that had the mildew. you can see some in the last pic. the buds dont show any sign of mildew (and they look so pretty). the plants are too close together due to limited space and im sure thats what caused this. so should we:
    a. harvest now before the mildew gets worse. this bud looks mature enough, but i know it would be better if we waited a little longer. the bud is still ok to smoke if it doesnt have any mildew right?
    b. use serenade (biological fungicide bacillus subtilis) to try to treat the mildew. the bud might taste sorta funny.
    c. baking soda solution? does this even work?
    d. neem oil? also will make the bud taste funny? :(
    opinions?
    1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

2. you can buy a sulfur burner and that will stop all the mold growth. also safers 3 in 1 is good too to get rid of that mold. but if you do use safers mist the plants so that the water runs off before you harvest then ull get rid of that taste.

Also very nice plants... wut strain is it...? im geussin kush of some sorts?

Puff:smoking:

3. i want to avoid sulfur at this point since its so late in the process. ill look up that spray though.
    its sensi star. clones were bought from a local dispensary just over 2 months ago.

4. mix baking soda and water spray the affected areas, powdery mildew cant live in an alkaline enviroment

increase the air flow in the grow room

5. will that affect the taste of the bud? do i have to wash it off afterwards? im on my way to my local hydro shop to ask for advice.

6. Im sure they will sell you something expensive ;)

no taste, its just like salt water