Is this a ph problem? please help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by stonehenge919, Sep 23, 2007.

1. My plant is 6 weeks into flower....its buds are juicing up well i have over 2 oz wet just by the looks of it. I tested the ph of the run off water and im not getting results. I am using dip stick ph testers that range a reading from 6 to 8. The higher the ph is the lighter the color is. The color is yellow. The darker the yellow is the less ph. Every time i do it the color of the stick doesnt match any on the back. The color is orange yellow....i figure this means that my ph is 2 low because the darker the yellow is on the scale, the less ph there is...... but the darkest on the scale is 6 but the color from the tested water is orange....why is this? also some of the leaves that are covered in sugar, the edges of the leaves are like curled down. and the plant is darker green on these leaves..........please help

2. man it sounds like a toxic salt build-up... you should flush your pots out regulary to prevent any salt buid up in your media.. if your using a media which retains little moisture like expanded clay i would flush them out weekly if using a media like floc or cocopeat, i will flush fortnightly.. flush with a shower nossel gun on your hose so it is flushed out forcefully, dont worry about chlorine in water cuz most plants use chlorine to transport water but it is rarily added to nutrients cuz they are mostly designed to be used with tap water ... cuz nutrients are made from Ionic Salts they are naturally acidic so as your nutrients flows thru the media with a salt build-up in gets more acidic out the bottom then what was put in the top. i think with those strips man a ph of 4 is red but iam not sure... a ph indicator kit is more accurate with incruments of 0.5 accuracy ... digital pen even better if calibrated correctly using both 7 & 4 :)

3. sounds like you have nitrogen toxicity, flush....3 time the volume of the pot
    eg: 1 gal pot = 3 gal flush....If your six weeks into flower you needed to flush soon anyways

also sounds like you have acidic PH from your ferts, you need a better way to test your ph , get a cheapo chemical test kit, from the pet shop

go to my site (see link below) watch the streaming video on PH, Soil PH runoff tests, & flushing , it will help alot and you can see the test kit I refere to

4. okay i am going out to get a better ph tester today. So how do i flush my pot? i have a 5 gallon pot and im sure i know how to flush it but how do u guys do it? i just want to make sure

5. watch the video I made, see above post

6. Trust GG... His videos have helped me out A LOT. Also all the pics on his website include the defficiencies for the plants.

7. okay i ran some more tests and i keep coming up with orange..... the darker the color the higher the ph. The scale has all shades of yellow with 6.2 bein yellow and 6.5 bein slightly lighter yellow but i keep getting orange............ what should i do?

8. my tap water comes from our own well so i tested the ph of it and its also reading orange.....alkalinity of the run off water is 40 idk if thats good or bad? but my friends tap water is 6.5 on the dot so maybe i should flush with this?

9. should i add vinigar to my water or something?

10. Make sure the runoff water is clear to begin with.
    If it isn't it can ruin your test/reading.
    Often soil particles and what else float around in it....

11. how do you get the water to be clear?
    i just added a tablespoon of vinigar to my tap water and now the ph is reading at 6.5 should i use this to fulsh it? or just use my tap water that it has been getting its whole life to flush it?