Curling under Bottom Leaves Yellow!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by 420Grower420, Apr 16, 2007.

1. I was watering about every other day and i stopped when the leaves started curling under to check if it was over watering. After three days the soil was bone dry and the leaves curled even more so i jsut watered them again. I think the yellowing is N deficiency... i have some general ferts that i could use some supplemental ferts with tons of micro nutes and then urine. haha well let me know what you think i should do as i can't post pics.

2. If the bottom leaves are dying from the midrib up its N def.
    If the bottom leaves are dying from the Margin (edge) up in a V like pattern it's a K def.
    If the leaves turn yellow and look almost striped, (the leaves maybe yellow and the veins greener) you have a Mg def < if you suspect this check to see if the top leaves are serated and pointing up! If they are it's Mg. If they aren't I'd look at N and K more.

It's nearly impossible to diagnose plant problems without pictures though. Oh and don't pee on your plant. I know you are probably kidding but pee has a ton of N in it and will probably kill your plant. Ever notice how the grass is all fried where you pissed the night before when you were drinking?
    Exactly!

Chronic

good luck :)

3. Haha thanks a bunch. My plant is still in need of help. The bottom leaves were yellow and unhealthy for so long that the ended up all crispy so I just clipped them. The remaining leaves are a healthy green but are very droopy, they grow out then curl all the way under itself like a sideways "U".

I went out and baught a PH test kit. The normal tap water tested 7.6. My osmosis filtered watered tested 7.6 aswell. When I tested some water with about 1/8 strength fertilizer and the water tested something off my scale, I'm guessing its something close to 6.5. I'm not sure if this is correct because of the ferts and when I put the water on my plant yesterday, it didn't seem to nute burn or worsen the plant's condition.

This is the first time I have ever had a problem with my plants and I'm guessing it's because of the Jiffy Potting soil because that's the only thing I have done differently. Any help is much appreciated.