Why is this happening?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by xanner, Mar 4, 2007.

1. The leaves were starting to yellow so I added 10-1-1 to my water to supplement Nitrogen. Now the leaves are turning brownish, what kind of fert should I use or if any at all? Help

Attached Files:

2. Check the PH of your soil before you add any ferts. Most problems stem from ph changes. N could be starting to get locked out, or something else may. If ph is fine, give mild solution and see how it is in a 4 days or so

3. What if it's too low or two high, how can I regulate it?

4. Buy PH up or down from walmart or a petstore in the aquarium section add it to your water to lower or raise ph, then do a flush with the corrected water. buy a ph test kit for water and test the first few drops out of the pot when u do a flush with the corrected water, you get a reading as to what the soil ph range is, then u can work from there. then after u fix that, if u still have probs then u can add fert, etc.

once the ph is regulated, u can test ur water b4 u water and then correct it to where u want it so that u keep the soil ph around where u want it....flush every month or so with mild nute solution.

5. Could be fert burn. What type of soil are they in? How much of that fertilizer did you add to a gallon of water?