4 1/2 week plant under cfl, drooping problem

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by bkr, Dec 31, 2006.

1. Yo, I've got this small grow setup in my closet, for now it's just a veg room but im moving tomorrow. I'll be making a lightproof flowering chamber and a veg/cloning room at my new place. :)

Right now in my closet i have four plants started from bagseed, one is 4 1/2 weeks old, one is 4, and two are about 2 1/2. For the two larger older ones I've been using 2 x 26 watt cool white cfls, plus this 50 watt soft white that they share, sort of it mostly hits the problem plant I'm about to tell you about. The two younger plants each have a 13watt cool white over them, plus theyre right under the 50 watt soft white. There were 16 but some died and I gave some away. They're in a fairly bland soil mix made out of this very plain sandy potting soil, a liberal amount of perlite, and this other potting mix that contains earth worm castings and a small amount of dolomite lime. Unfortunately for a period at the start of all these plants lives they were in this random woody soil that my friends mom gave me and suggested I use, I think it was very acidic or something because it made all the plants leaves go yellow, but this went away when i repotted into my soil mix. The walls of my closet I covered in mylar in the form of emergency blankets, and I have an oscillating fan and a mist bottle i occasionally use to try to maintain proper humidity and temperature.

I'm very satisfied with how all my plants are going except for my 4 week old, it's drooping a lot and I have no idea why. The oldest plant in age which has had almost exactly the same conditions is very perky. This plants leaves apppear to be the same colour but the blades on the leaves are 3cm thick on some, considerably wider than my other plants. It has always had a problem with drooping from the start and I'm pretty sure I'ts not overwatering because I'm pretty careful about that. Here's a picture.

4 weeks veg, drooping problem
    [​IMG]

4 1/2 weeks veg, happy with progress :D
    [​IMG]

Thanks in advance for any help, and please excuse the burriness these were taken on a cell phone.

Oh yes I almost forgot, I want to feed them, and the only ferts I can easily find are like the top dressing kind. Do they work for weed? Also to use these do you just repot, into a bigger/different pot with the fert mixed into the new soil? I'm planning to look for two ferts, one high in Nitrogen for veg/ early flower and one high in Potassium for flowering. I think that's how it goes?

Anyways time for some bong rips, thanks for reading! see you later.:wave:

2. Get Schults Plant food plus (7 drops per quart of water) you can find it at any plant / garden center. Water with that every watering it will give the plant what it needs all the way to flowering.

your drooping is either underwatering or overwatering. you also have an N deficiency but the schultz will remedy that.

3. Thanks for the advice DierWolf, I'll look for that Schults food. How much do you think I should be watering? Usually now I pour slowly around the base mostly, but also out more towards the edges, untill the water just starts to come out the bottom. This is with tap water that I've let sit out in a bucket in the grow room for a couple days. I only started using that much when they got close in size to what they are now, before id water them about a half a cup at a time more or less depending on size. Oh and I don't water to often, maybe to much but I wait untill the soil is dry an inch or so down before watering again.