Leaf Tips Turning Brown...HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by ganjaganja, Nov 6, 2006.

1. :eek: My leaf tip's are slowly turning brown!!!:eek: I am using an aeroponic rain forest 66. Nutes are Pure Blend Pro Grow, 400 watt MH light 2 and a half feet above, plants have been going for two and a half weeks now. here are pics:::

Attached Files:

2. you just need to back off on the nutes a bit. 1 or 2 ppm ought to do it.

3. I dont do hydro, there are some sharp hydro guys here, if no one answers I suggest your nutes are a little strong

4. so do you mean 100 or 200 ppm? or just lower it by 1 or 2 ppm? I use less than the recomended doseage of nutes so how could i be over nuteing them?

5. Never follow the dosing recommendation stated on the label. Always start out with half the dosage.

For a plant that young, I wouldn't go over 400 PPM of ferts. You may also have an excess of salt build-up.

You also need to lower your light as well. That is way too high to have your light. Lower it as far as possible without burning your plant.

I grow with 3000 watts, and my lights are about 18 inches away for the tops of the plants.

6. okay...i will go out and buy a tester...what kind should i get to test the ppm's? also that is a sick bud in your avatar...pretty damn big

7. sorry! yes, 100 or 200 ppm. as stated above, companies want you to use up your supply and buy more. i almost never go over 1000 ppm. usually more like 800.
    peace

8. THNAKS... as always you guys are a great help...ill try out lowering the nutes and keep you all posted... toke on`~