Clone from mother.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by guardian, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Hi growers,

This is my 10th's time for clone try.
    All others have not made up.
    Hope this go root and stay ok, i have my HPS waiting for this.
    I don't have root hormone only have plant extract from Nirvana, and have try
    with this. (may be this is a problem?)
    The mother is 2 months old, White Widow seed and have show is Female sex.
    Some pics to show

Thanks

Stay cool.

Guardian

Attached Files:

2. mother plant

Attached Files:

3. thats a tight set up man

4. Thanks man.
    But cloning is not very easy and as is secrets
    Hope this goes well

Guardian

5. let us know your results

6. Yea i will do.
    thanks for your support

Guardian

7. Hi growers,

Here is some pics, from the day 3 of cloning my White Widow mother
    that as grow from a seed, mother as 2 months old.
    I always try to have de container wet, the ph on paper root support is 6,8 / 6,9.
    The air temp is 30ºC, air extrator and one fun running 24h/7
    Leaves are drop down, the inside paper is plenty of water but with air flow for roots.

Thanks

Guardian

Attached Files:

8. other pic

Attached Files:

9. your stem is rotting, that clone is lost cause unless you chop that lower part off,

Hope this go root and stay ok, i have my HPS waiting for this.

first off ading clones to hps is a wasite, compact fluros or fluro tbes are good for clones
    while they are rooting you dont need alot of light, yet the light doesnt need to be close at all

you should get a dome and some clone gel, your chances are much higher, the way you are cloning down is not doing so well

your stem is rotting because its staying to saturated
    not to mention you have no medium
    you can use rockwol cubes or peat pellets, you can get the peat pellets at hardware or garden store

why dont you have any gel?

but trust me theres no way your going to clone like that....... i have a speical way of cloning if you would like to hear it, but it requires a dome and peat pellets

did you also know you can take clone cuttings and put them into stasis by keeping them in the fridge?

10. Hi MynameStitch

That brown part on the lower part of clone is Plant extract, not rot. When i insert
    the clone on Plant extract liquid it stay's like you see.
    (i have one closer pics of this)

About HPS i mean that is waiting, after clone get root and some weeks of veg state,
    not put clone under HPS without roots, i have CFl 3000 lumens withe cool.

About clone gel i didn't now about that, that is new to me, but i will try on my garden store. I don't know what is a dome, gona find out.
    I don't have acess to rockwol cubes i will try on my store for peat pellets.

Yes please, i would like to ear your special way for clone and the way you do, i'm going to check and find dome and peat pellets.

I like that way to preserve clones in the fridge, thats sould be cool.

Thanks for your atencion

Guardian

Attached Files:

11. a dome means a humidity dome. You can buy a tray with a 6-7" tall humidity dome for like $7. You also need a medium to put them in and cloning gel like mynamestich said. You may not find it at a regular garden store, order some on ebay or at an online store. If you expect to have your clones root you need the proper equipment. It may cost $20-$30 for all the required equipment, but it will be worth it. Good luck.

12. this was a clone faq i made, it was about to be added to the growfaqs from overgrow righr before it went down so this is what i got cached from google....

I have alot of pics I included so people can see what I mean, as im terrible at explaining things sometimes.

First off... we have everything we need in the pic which is...

1) Your clones.
    2) Your rooting Gel ( I use Rootech)
    3) A dome
    4) Superthrive
    5) Peat pellets
    6) Razor blade or a window tint knife.. like i using now lol
    7) Bowl of ph adjusted water

Now we are ready!
    First off I want to say, I have cloned with rockwool and peat pellets... and to say... peat pellets blew away the rockwool cubes. For me it did, but im sure there are some out there that will say differently, but this is what works best for me, as I get the fastest results along with clones not wilting at all.

Ok now we got the clone(s), we take our clones and razor blade and cut off the remaining branches leaves under the main node.
    I only leave 2 fan leaves on and than anything above it like here in the pic. That also helps in rooting faster.

Now we have cut off the remaining leaves, leaving a
    <st1:City><st1:place>long branch</st1:place></st1:City> with 2 fan leaves and the main top node. What you want to do is take the clone and cut off all but 2 in off the clone, or whatever your desired height may be, but for me its around <st1:time minute="58" hour="14">2 to 3</st1:time> in.

At the bottom we want to cut it with the razor blade and discard the other half you cut. Next, we take the razor blade and use scarification on the bottom, or slicing a tiny layer at the bottom exposing the inner half of the stem, by doing this it allows the clone to produce roots easier. Now we have our cut and scarifed clone, now here is where my trick comes in.
    After I take the cutting, I take my water and put 1 drop of super thrive in about 10 oz of water, stick my cutting in the bowl of water, the part that I scaficed is the part that needs to be submerged, the whole part that was scarifcationed. Then i take my peat pellet and soak it in the water along with the clone. (I keep the clone in the bowl untill the peat pellet has absorbed enough water and is ready to use.)

Ok, now the peat pellet is ready to be taken out, squeeze the excess water out, but dont squeeze it out completely, leave some water in there, as I dont mist the clones nor the dome, the peat pellets will be enough mositure in the dome, unless you have a bigger dome with not as many clones ,then you will have to put in a wet towel to keep it a bit humid, or misting the dome itself.

Im using my small dome here, because my big one was to big.. lol.
    Anyways, take the peat pellet and 3 toothpicks, or the size of the stem your clone was, ( i used the other half of the stem i cut from the clone to make the hole in my peat pellet. ) and poke a hole in the middle of the pellet.
    Now take your cutting from the bowl of water, and get out your rooting hormone, im using a gel, so dip the clone tip all the way to how big you scraped the end of the stem, and put it in your peat pellet. Now you have your clone in your medium. After you put your clone in the peat pellet, you want to squeeze it a bit so the clone gets a good contact with the peat pellet.... other wise it may not root properly without it getting good contact, because of air geting to it before it can root.
    Put the clones in the dome and put them in light, dont keep the clones under the light as if they were seedlings. keep them about 12 in away or more for now untill they root, by doing this it doesnt put as much stress on the clones, and wont dry things up quicker in the dome.

Another trick I use is when using a dome you normally have to work your clones out of the dome, I say hosh posh. In order to not work your clones out of the dome you need to make sure there is small holes at both ends of the dome, about a half an inch on each side, just enough to keep it mildly humid but yet still get air in the dome. By doing this that takes away the time to work your clones out of the dome. So after I see roots coming out of my pellet I just put them into pots and they dont wilt, because they are being worked slowly as they grow roots.

So, I sure hope this will help any of you who are having trouble rooting clones. I know this worked because I have tryed it about 4 times now, hell i gave out all 4 clones I rooted recently to a friend, because I don't have any room for them now. I was just doing this as a test basis to see if this method worked more than once, which it did! So here a I am telling all of you! [​IMG]

Please let me know if you have any questions, comments on this cloning method, I would be glad to help you out.
    Also, if you do want to use this method, please let me know how it worked out for you as well!

13. Hi growers,

My firts word is for Stitch! Thanks for your help and support.

With this stage i decided make some changes on my grow room.
    Put new white reflector on walls and all clean up with blitch water.

A few days ago i e-order this stuff:

1- Dome for root plants
    10- Rockwool cubes medium size
    10- Rockwool cubes small size
    1 - PH lower liquid
    1 - Termometer / Hidrometter - Digital
    1 - Clonex rooting hormone gel

After reading many times the 'Stitch tecnique' i organize my tools
    and went for cloning.
    Get water and PH adjusted to 6.1, wet the cubes, and desinfected
    my tools, x-act blade and sizor.
    Chose the best branchs and make the cuts, 5 at all from 3 diferent
    mother plants, White Widow.
    Put clones on bowl of water a remove some leafs near the botton
    of the clones, and make the correct slice on the root.
    Drop the clone on 'magic juice' -Clonex root gel hormone- and put
    on cube pre wetted before.
    'Et voilá' all clones on tray ready to go for dome room.
    I use a wet towel and put inside the dome for humidity keep.
    After dome close i mesure about 40cm to the light, air temp is
    29ºC/30ºC and humidity is 60% rh.

The store i order they don't have peat pellets, i decided Rockwool
    cubes this time, next time i will try pellets.

Lets wait and see.
    I have some pics of the process check bellow.

Thanks for all.

Stay cool

Guardian

Attached Files:

14. 1 - Chose and cut
    2 - clones root wet
    3 - the slice
    4 - drop root gel
    5 - all cuts on rockwool cubes

Attached Files:

15. 1 - Clones on dome and mesure the weather
    2 - light distance mesure
    3 - ready for sleep and grow (healty i hope)
    4 - Root gel hormone.

Attached Files:

16. Nice step by step Guardian.
    Kudos to you for not getting frustrated and quitting the whole cloning project. By the way, see line 2 in my signature. Anyway, I commend you.

17. Thanks Vtec.

The help was from Stitch, and many more post from you and others in other treads.
    Just read and read....and read and google to.
    The most important that i learn even above the lights is PH.
    PH is the mother of all goods and all wrongs on the plants.

I didn't want make a step by step, but came out like this, hope this became usefull for future cloners. Never give up, allways try another angle.

cool

Guardian

18. Hi, growers

My day after was a disaster, my mother plant decided to cumitt
    suicide, after give is clones. The clone process was ok, like seen on
    midle of the thread.
    This morning arrived to the room, i found like this ( see the pics) my
    older mother plant.
    The midle plant some part of the plant as some leafs like you can see,
    upper and curl, i make a few cuts and remove the dead leafs.
    On the older mother plant i re-pot with new and fresh soil, but something
    is very wrong with this and i don't know why.
    The clones are doing ok, less one is some dropy and head down.
    I begain to think my PH mesure is pass out, yesterday i ajust the water
    for clones at 6.1 today i mesure on rockwool cube almost 6.9???
    Lets wait a see..

Thanks

Guardian

Attached Files:

19. 1 - all plants under light
    2 - two plants and clones on the side
    3 - clones with dome open and temp./ humid. mesure
    4 - PH mesured on rockwool cube
    5 - clones on growing process

Attached Files:

20. I've seen worse and come back from it (after not being in the house for a week and no water :) ) its in shock from taking the cuttings, keep water on it and foliar feed should come back.

the rockwool ph will go up an down should not be a problem.. what rooting hormone brand are you using?