Should I fight for my Ex back or let her go?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by woc, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Well Ill start this off by saying this was probably my first actual love. This girl and I have talked for 2 years and one year ago we started dating. We have gotten along great and she was always extremely into me. She got mad at me for smoking weed but I tried to educate her and she eventually backed off. I told her I kept my shit together etc (3.9 GPA , play club hockey, hang out with her). So fast forward to January, Ive been on the road, sick with mono for 2 weeks and just got back to school. She comes up to me and says she is stressed out and I manage to pull out of her that she thinks we should break up. This is out of no where, I ask her why? Why dont you talk about this I have been gone Ill be here to help you out now that I am better. She says no she is too stressed and all I do is smoke weed. (Never smoked in front of her mind you)
    Come to find out from her best friend she is seeing someone else. Her the girl that always worried about me leaving her left me for a 6'7" chubby mother fucker. They had been hanging out the past couple of weeks and she thinks he is great. I was depressed a lil at first, but I decided to take a fuck it attitude and say if she did that to me she is not worth worrying about.
    What I am asking you guys is what should i do? Part of me wants to fight for her back and I know this guy started talking to her gabe her a lot of appreciation(She does not geniunly like him) which she lacked this month due to me being gone. But then a part of me says fuck her and fuck it, smoke weed and find a girl that shares the same views as you. Any ideas and how I should proceed?
    The past week all I have been doing is lighting up and listening to CuDi, I really just want to move on with my life.

2. I really just want to move on with my life.

You answered your own question! Move on! Let her go! Go find a stoner GF who will roll you joints if you are sick!

Granny

3. Yeah thanks its just the thoughts of what could have been. But why settle for someone who doesn't appreciate what I do eh?

4. She used the weed as an excuse if you were in fact not blazing around her. But to sit around drowning urself in a bowl is not the way to get her back or to move on. If she showed up at your door and you are stoned that just helps her point. Yet you dont need a woman to enter your life just to smoke up all your shit either. Just chill moderately for awhile.

5. Think of it like this: What if you were to get her back, then go away for a while again? How would you be able to trust that she wouldn't be unfaithful? I'd say let her go, and let it be a lesson for both of you. What she did was pretty messed up, and you probably shouldn't enable that kind of behavior by begging her to come back. As for the weed thing, if you were able to have a functional life while smoking, and in fact never even smoked around her, that's her own problem to deal with. Find someone who shares all of your interests and who will care for you.

6. Appreciate the responses everyone. Making me feel a lot better about the situation.

7. Look, the bell has been rung and you can't unring it. Even if she got back together with you it wouldn't be the same.

Forget about about it. Get on with things.

Play it very cool, especially if she calls you. Be cool but be firm; what is done is done and you are done with her, get that message across loud and clear.

Get rid of her and you should have no problems.

What might have been? Shit, reminds me of my first great love, I felt the exact same way. Believe me, You'll get over it.

Take a belt of Jack Daniels and show her who's boss!

Good Luck, brah!

8. Hey, sometimes you just need to be reassured that you're doing the right thing. :p

9. Someone once told me to never live my life for someone else. Dont change who you are for some chick man, women come and go and if 1 person is not happy (your girl not happy) then the relationship will not last and no matter how much it hurts and you willing to fight is not gonna make her want you if she has moved on to another lad. Give it 2 weeks and youll forget about her bro just walk it off live and learn and move on. Plenty of fish in the sea.

10. Thanks man really what I needed to hear!

11. Basically, I agree with the advice already given to you, especially holding firm if she breaks up with the 6'7" chubby MF and wants to get back with you.

I'd just had a bowl and am listening to CuDi when I read that's all you've been doing this week. Put a smile on my face. :smoke:

12. Well if you love her fight for that shit, if you honestly have no feeling left then move on, no one else knows what you feel.