should i message my crush on fb?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by procommunism, Dec 20, 2011.

1. ive had a crush on this girl since my sophomore year of highschool. we're both really shy and i remember i would always catch her staring at me in class or if i passed her in the hallway her eyes would get really big and follow me as i passed by. ive always been to shy to really say hey or anything, she messaged me once like a year ago on facebook but i was a little kid i guess and didnt realise i could of easily made my move their. but anyways im a senior now going to graduate in a few months. would it be weird if i messaged her on facebook to try and get her number so i can get to know her? :confused:

any advice on what i should even say or how i should start a conversation?
    thanks! :wave:

2. Dude you're a senior and still can't talk to girls in person?

[​IMG]

3. Your screenname: Procommunism? Is that a joke?

Facebook is for pussies. Get her number and CALL to ask her out on a date.

4. yes it would be, but it wouldnt be if you actually talked to her. Gotta sack up son, whats the worse that can happen man? just do it:D

oh, n youre welcome

5. yes the names clearly a joke..lol fuck those communist bastards

6. I hope your girl is a communist.

7. DEFINITELY NO FB MESSAGING! just grow a pair and ask her out!!

8. Since you hadto ask, FB it anyways.

You're most likely not a man, don't pretend to be one either. Do it the FB way.

9. yea dude, the days of online chatting with a crush should have been over in 5th grade.

grow a pair, walk up to her in school and be like

"when you gonna let me take you out to dinner"

10. Girls honestly not that hard to talk too.

I suck at it but still do it and honestly girls don't care long as you try...Well from what I have seen...

11. I guess if you're both in high school...mebbe FB is the way to go... *lame*

12. get her number in person, much more gratifying

13. alright thanks for the advice guys

14. Nothing wrong with facebook chat. I started talking to my girlfriend on it. It all comes down to you in the end. Facebook chat is WAY easier then talking to women in person. However it is way easier for her to ignore you on FB. You need to be prepared for that rejection.

Go read up on something called "text game". Apply it to facebook. Get her number then stop the facebook chat and just text her. Calling her is recommended. If you are nervous, write and rehearse a script. Then remove words until you have a simple outline. Then make that outline into your own. That way when you talk to her, you know WHAT you are going to say, how to say it and it doesn't sound rehearsed or canned.

15. There's so much wrong with it I don't even know where to begin. If there's one thing that just shouldn't be depersonalized, it's romantic relationships. If you're too much of a pussy to actually go and ask a girl out in person or at least get her number, you don't deserve, simple as that.

You're right though, facebook chat is way easier than talking to girls in person, but most things in life that are worth having aren't easy, chief among them, girls (well, girlfriends at least).

I hate my generation sometimes, I feel like a curmudgeon when I hear people my age talk like this, but goddammit men of my generation, it's time to man the fuck up and grow a pair of balls.

16. Here's what you do. You walk RIGHT UP TO HER and say "You know I've had a crush on you for the longest time, and I think it would be a criminal act not to say something before we both graduate. So what do you say, should we end this Christmas with a kiss?"

You'll be in like flynn.

You know how guys get dates? THEY ASK FOR THEM. There are BILLIONS of women out there, you can't be shy, everyone's shy. FUCK SHY.

17. Listen to this man, he speaks the fucking truth. Preach brother.

18. Nothing wrong with starting a conversation over Facebook if you don't see the girl much, take it from a girl it's nice to know that someone remembered you and thought of you. I started talking to my boyfriend threw Facebook after years of not talking to each other at all(we knew each other in high school)... Don't listen to the guys on this, just message her!!

19. #19 WildWill, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2011
    It's THROUGH.

I hate being a grammar nazi, but when you're giving someone love advice, it'd be good for them to trust you because you know how to write English properly.

As for messaging women, if that would work on a woman, that's someone that I really don't want to be dating in the first place.

TALK TO HER. Don't text her, don't call her, don't fucking write a note. High School is over kiddies. In the real world people get laid because they go and talk to people. And sometimes it takes some liquid courage. BUT I'll tell you this, my beautiful 5 year old daughter wouldn't exist today if over a decade ago I had been too shy to go talk to the hot redhead in the corner of the bar.

20. hahahaha

it is through...