Girl at supermarket keeps on staring at me

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Yummybud20, Jun 17, 2010.

1. lol. She works at a supermarket I shop at, she is not a cashier but stands at the selfcheckouts and helps people doing self checkout.

anyways today I was shoppping just bought some groceries and I noticed she kept on looking at me and I made eye contact with her a couple of times.

liek every time I'd walk by her area I'd notice she'd look at me, I saw her turn around once and look at me and she looked at me at like 5 times like everytimes I walked by.

now I don't crazy or suspicious lol. I guess girls look at guys they like just like guys look at girls they like right? when I was with my ex girlfriend she'd tell me that she noticed a girl checking me out and I wouldn't notice it.

but anyways if this supermarket clerk keeps on looking at me wtf could I do? I just ignored it and went to a till and checked out because I thought what's the point I can't go and start a conversation with her it'd be awkward.

um hi I noticed you staring at me what's up? i'm sure if you are some really smooth talker you could approach her and start a conversation but I know I don't have that skill i'd have a really awkward conversation.

I alwasy wonder though, like when I see a girl that keeps on looking at me probably means she likes me right? I wonder sometimes if I should just risk looking like a total fool or being really awkward and just going and saying hi or something.

2. go talk to her to see if she is interested and read her body language

3. #3 KoopaKing, Jun 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2010
    Ask her for her 'help' with something. That way she doesn't get in trouble for talking to customers on non-work related issues. Ask her something about like what foods or where items are you can find for a picnic or something. Then be all like you're so helpful and then pretend to get a text saying so and so cancelled on the picnic but hey would you want to go with me? Then see if shes can toke up at a nice spot outside then munch on the picnic foods.

My plan is perfect.

4. You walk straight up to her with a small card with your number on it. Hand her the card and say, "My name is ___, call me sometime." Then just walk away.

If she was checking you out, then she might call you to hang out.

5. ^ hmm you're idea is probably a good one to just go up to her and give her your number.

but i'm pretty shy I don't really go and talk to strangers. the only girls i'd go and talk to have always been at work or school because I have a legit reason to go and talk to them.

this girl was just in charge of self checkouts it'd be awkward if I went and asked her for help about what I should buy for my imaginary picnic lol.

the giving her my number idea might be good unless she was starting and looking at me for another reason.

she kept on looking at me so I looked at her a couple times also because I was thinking maybe I know her from somewhere but I didn't.

i've noticed this with a lot of girls they'll look at me or stare at me and usually I get shy and look away or look down. I don't feel confident enough to approach them.

6. #6 Jdizzly, Jun 17, 2010
    I'm in the same boat man, im being eye fucked in my college class from a girl across the room:cool:

it's like i look at the teacher for a bit, then look at her direction and BAM her eyes are transfixed on me...

I'm like: "ok, lets play the eye fucking game bitch", you know because i'm the man and should be taking charge...but shes just so hardcore, shes so aggressive in the eyes like she just wants to pounce on me, i'm the passive one!:eek:

Everyday in class it's like this :poke::poke: and shes the one poking me!

it's just getting a bit uncomfortable, i can see her violating my pure body with her eyes...she's doing dirty dirty things to me, you can see it in her eyes! :eek::(:hide::bolt::cry:

but damn im high, this is your thread...not mine lol...:hello:

7. lol my situation is different. if it is in class i'd go and say hi or ask her a question even though i'm shy because you are classmates and share things in common like your classa nd homework.

but what i'm talking about is in a public place like a grocery store when a total stranger like a clerk keeps on staring at you.

I could go and talk to he of course but I know I'd most likely fuck it up and make it awkward and weird so I don't bother.

it's not like I could even have a real conversation with her when she is working and going up to her and giving her my number is kind of awkward also cus I don't know her at all and she's a complete stranger.

8. You probably just had something on your face. Don't worry about it.

9. Whoa this was what I was going write before I even entered the thread, high5!

10. you should of checked her out lol:D

11. #11 Zeddy, Jun 17, 2010
    I remember weeks ago when you first started talking about how to ask out cashiers and girls who work at places you frequent because you really didn't encounter young females anywhere else. It sucks that you haven't made your situation any better yet.

It will definitely be an awkward conversation, not only because of the bolded bits, but also because a girl looking at you doesn't mean she wants to be asked out. Girls and guys are different in that way. Girls can make eye contact over and over for no other reason than that they've noticed some guy trying to look them in the eye.

Well, yeah. Sure it's worth the risk. You've got nothing to lose, but expect rejection. Be happy if you get one number for every seven rejections. And no, definitely no, like I already said. A girl looking at you doesn't mean she likes you.

12. Wipe that crusty mustard stain off your shirt.

13. Should have made funny faces to her. Thats what i do when people stare.

14. I think you should do the card thing or even ask her the aisle of something or somethin like that, it wont be awkward man just relaxx

15. when girls stare are you like that, thhheeey wanna fuck you, trust me. then again, sometimes girls will catch you staring at them just once and then they will continue to stare at you from then on out. lol.. girls are creepy.

16. Go to the self check out and pretend you have no idea what youre doing. Ask questions. Its going to be really awkward, but thats money! A lot of girls think its cute if youre awkward/shy around them.

its always best to just do it, that way you can never hate yourself for not even trying. Even if you fail miserably, which you most certainly might, at least you had the balls to do it and you know for sure, ya know? Live life! rejection is part of life.

17. I dont fucking get girls.... wtf are they looking at then. Cause i sure as hell dont look at ugly girls over and over....... girls are retarded....................

18. yeah I know what you mean. she might have been looking at me for a bunch of other reasons.

I was wearing my dark side of the moon shirt maybe she was looking at my shirt cus she liked me shirt who knows.

and no I didn't have mustard all over my face and I wasn't dressed up as a drag queen or anything crazy to make someone stare at me.

hmm I just remember my ex girlfriend was saying that before she got me to ask her out (via her friends) she said she was trying to give me all kinds of signs that she likes me but I wouldn't get it and was ignoring her. she told me if a girl keeps on looking at you and smiles at you she likes you.

this girl at the supermarket wasn't smiling at me lol, she just kept on staring at me whenever I went by where she was and I caught her turning around and looking at me then turning back a few times when I was in line.

but like I said it'd be too awkward to approach her. plus even if I got her number or whatever it'd be even more awkward calling her and setting up a date or something cus she's a complete stranger I'd have nothing to talk about "um so how is working at the supermarket like" lol.

19. a girl stares at you for one of two reasons: either she likes you, or she doesn't like you.

20. like.. make a V sign with your index and middle finger, and stick your tongue in-between - that'll show her. ;)