Any other Romantic's out there?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Larebare, Dec 31, 2012.

1. I'm a romantic,

I want a girl i can read poetry to, make dinners for, just to be madly in love with.

I love to romance women, if i could be romantic with women all the time it'd be ideal, i just haven't found a woman who is as interested in poetry/letters or romantic acts as much as i am.

It's usually "too much" for them to handle.

2. Hopeless romantic.

3. Hopeless Romantics are NOT Hopeless per-say, but very true, caring, and loving people. They are "NOT MADE FOR TODAYS STANDARDS", sadly.

They believe in passion, chivalry, and true love. They have loved sincerely at one point in their life, discovered what love feels like, and can't understand why it was not returned in the same form.

Hopeless Romantics are usually dreamers, idealists, and sincere, however what they expect in any relationship is a full return for their effort and caring, to be loved as much as they loved.

What makes them "Hopeless" is the fact that they are few and far between in todays daily life, and usually get let down in the long run, even though they gave all they had to give, money, love, time, housing, belongings. Hopeless Romantics give 100% ALL the time, and hope for the same in return.

-This is what i found while looking up Hopeless Romantic, is this pretty spot on?? xD

4. Yea but then I grew up....now I'm what one calls a cynic.

5. A Cynic huh. ?

But should we be so ashamed to say that cynicism is what being a romantic is all about?

6. no homo, this made me shed a tear.

7. I want someone like that :(
    BEcause that's how I am.

8. Hell yeah you are, youv always been my fav Becuz i can see that quality thru ur posts, even thru Text.

Im not a big fan of giving my whole heart to number of ppl. Only a few will have it. But i dont understand How ppl can go on after seeing true love die. Corny as fuck, but Its a huge reason why i stay alone. Im not a fan of being heartbroken and finding another person to maybe happen all over again. Thats not true love to me. Love is son of a bitch.

9. Love fucking blows sometimes.

10. Fuck yeah dude. I've always been one. I know exactly what love feels like, I know what it's like to be madly in love and have the one you love madly in love with you. Making her breakfast in bed the morning, spending a long night on the beach in a huge sleeping bag and watching the sun come up, taking road trips together. It's weird because it's almost not the person, it's the idea. I feel like I can share this idea with any girl, though sadly not many people think this way. They always wonder how many people they can fuck or if something is always better out there for them.

Once I took a class on American Romanticism I never looked back.

11. Fuck this thread lol. I'm jk lol.

12. For all the people who aren't hopeless romantics, what does that make them? Douchebags?

13. Is it though?

Well maybe I'm not a true cynic...just a bitter asshole. :devious:

14. I wish I knew you guys in real life then I'd have people around me that understand my pain.:(

15. Yea we are the "douchebags" fucking the women they want and treating them "like shit" just because were not a bunch of white knighting door mat's putting it on a pedestal. :smoking:

16. Hopeless romantic checking in :eek:

17. i was one at one point, until i got fucked over by an attention whore who never gave anything back and now i have trust issues

just a warning to wait to pull out all the stops til the right one, who's willing to reciprocate as best as they possibly can

18. Born in a mountain!
    Raised in a cave!
    Truckin n fuckin' is all i crave!

19. Go after the smart geeky girls who love that shit, they'll repay you back pretty good ;)

20. I honestly love being romantic, and I'm extremely romantic in a relationship. However, I wouldn't consider myself a pure romantic. I will never give 100% of myself if my partner is not giving me the same. I'm not talking about taking someone out to eat, and doting on them with material items, I'm talking about showing an ample amount of affection and appreciation back, and giving what I can.

I do all sorts of romantic stuff though! :smoking: I'm a pianist (classical and jazz), so I write music for my partners, or I'll do really nice thoughtful things for them. I really get into it, I don't half ass it.

I don't care how much money they have, I don't care if they can take me out to eat, or take me places. I don't give a fuck about that, I care about who they are as a person, what they do, their ambitions and drives, their passions, and how we are for each other. The essence is more important than the frills and facades. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a lazy fuck, I just choose live a different lifestyle is all. It's not THAT big of a deal, because I usually only get into relationships if I know it's going to work out, I've only had a few which ended due to specific differences in lifestyle.