Overreacting or am I Right?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Badfish90, Dec 18, 2012.

1. I've always operated under the system of going with your gut instinct and, if you have to ask if you got rejected, you probably know the answer.

But let me set the story first.

I really like this girl who goes to my school. We've been talking to each other for awhile. Anyways, the semester ended about two weeks ago.

We haven't seen each other since class ended. I told her to keep in touch and we've been talking over facebook and texting.

So, today I was texting her. She responds almost immediately. I then ask if she wanted to get together. Nothing over, just a friendly reaching out. It was middle of the day on a weekday. (Although, I was planning on asking if she wanted to go out sometime).

I don't get a response back for over an hour and she says she can't because she has work.

I think nothing of it. UNTIL. I see she is on facebook when she said she was gonna be at work.

Now, I'm pretty sure she used to be interested. She initiated a lot of conversations. She waited for me outside of class. And I caught her looking at me a lot (especially on the last day).

So, what happened? I think I got rejected. How about you blades?

Either way, I'm dropping contact completely unless she messages me. I don't wanna come off as desperate. I figured not starting anything for a while is the best option. What would you do in my position?

2. Maybe she was logged on Facebook from a mobile device; don't sweat it.

3. This,her phone might still have her logged on.

4. IDK man lots of females out there

5. Do you think it's an overreaction to drop contact?

It falls under the "N" step of the D.E.N.N.I.S. System after all...

6. I agree it just kinda sucks because I thought she was really cool.

7. its not coming off as desperate if you have something to offer to show value instead of desperation

8. She was doing stuff on facebook though.

9. No other opinions?

10. females can get distracted, just like dudes can. someone new might have come into her life so idk man. shit happens all the time

11. nope i agree with your decision

seems appropriate

12. I think it is an overreaction. Who doesnt go on facebook on their phone? Just because she's at work doesnt mean she cant be on fb. Shit, everyone I know goes on fb at work.

13. Overreaction. Wait a couple days and ask her when her next day off is you'd like to hang

14. Thanks for the advice but I definitely won't be asking her again. I might not drop contact completely but the first thing I say to her for sure won't be asking her to hang out.

15. Why not try to talk with this girl?

16. dude she could be on fb at work i go on it all the time at work lol chill ask her in day or two if she wants to go grab a drink or coffee sometime if she makes another excuse than drop her lol

17. Making another excuse is kinda what I'm expecting.

I don't wanna make it awkward next time I see her.

18. Dude... Idk I think you are seriously overreacting.

19. While I probably would not initiate contact ever again with her because I hate rejection, this is why I'm a lonely fuck with no girl hahaha. Ask her again, man. Worst she can do is make another excuse, in which case you take the hint and end contact, no big deal. Would hate to overreact and end contact early though if she was legit at work and she actually does want to hang with you.

20. End contact for a while, but not completely (at least not until she's initiated a conversation). Ask her again some other time, but you have to make sure to do it in PERSON, not through text. Asking her out through text is such a bad decision because she can make up any random excuse to avoid an answer, but in person she'll be pressured and will have to say yes or no.

I think you still have a chance. If things don't work out, fuck it. It's not like they'll stop making girls.