My best friend lied to me

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Swingset Virtue, Aug 8, 2012.

1. So I recently caught my best friend in a lie. We planned to hang out yesterday and he said he was working overtime so we didn't hang out. I just found out that he went on some hike. At first I was angry, but then I couldn't really find anything to be angry about. The lie doesn't really point to anything bad. He went on a hike with a girl he probably liked. Would you guys be angry/upset? Should I be?

2. Confront him about it and tell him it would'nt have been a big deal if he was just honest with you about it

3. maybe he likes you and doesn't/didn't want you to know he was with another girl?

4. But what is there to be gained? It doesn't really seem like this even concerns me. I think my ego just wants it to be about me.

5. Pretty much sums it up. He just wanted to hang out with the other chick, and thought you'd get mad since you guys already had plans. Maybe he hasn't seen her in a long time. Maybe he does like her. Maybe he even thinks of her as a better friend than you - but then, I don't know why you all couldn't have gone together, so I don't think it's likely unless he's a douchebag.

Maybe ask him to tell you the truth next time.

6. [quote name='"Swingset Virtue"']But what is there to be gained? It doesn't really seem like this even concerns me. I think my ego just wants it to be about me.[/quote]

You'll gain having a trustworthy friendship. Seriously dude. If it wasn't a big deal then why did he even lie about it? How do you know he's not lying about other shit ya know?

7. your his female friend....possibly not giving him any
    some other girl with him alone in the woods....guaranteed sex

boys will be boys....he probably didnt want to hurt your feelings by turning you down but didnt want you to be there as a weird 3rd wheel then it would block him from landing his space shuttle in her home base.

8. Any dude will ditch their "bestfriend" that is a girl for another that has potential for pootang.

I feel like your jealous...

9. people hike still ?

10. Are you just friends? How did you find out?

11. Your feelings might be to strong, don't get mad, get high.

12. Not sure if this applies to you, but I'll say it anyways:

NEVER MAKE SOMEBODY A PRIORITY IF THEY ONLY MAKE YOU AN OPTION

That maxim has made my life much simpler.

13. [quote name='"GillyTHEkid"']Any dude will ditch their "bestfriend" that is a girl for another that has potential for pootang.

I feel like your jealous...[/quote]

Sums the thread

14. Is he your bestfriend or a guy friend who (who most likely has feelings for you)? Does he feel that you're his bestfriend too?
    Because to me, when I get THAT close to a girl and they call me their "bestfriend" I get the hint that I'm pretty much friendzoned and start to move on.

15. Just ask him.

My best friend lied to me constantly, kissed my gf (ex) when i specifically told him to watch her to make sure she doesn't cheat, then fucked her 3 times after we broke up and he wonders why i dont return his messages/calls or generally give a give about him if he's alive or dead lol.

So ya if this is a real best friend and its REALLY bothering you, bring it up in conversation. let them know the lie bothered you.

16. rofl dude QFT

17. hell yeah. weed + wilderness = :D

18. you're kinda acting like his GF would act. i think you have feelings for him and need to talk to him about that first. guy think with there penis yo

19. My best friend is a chick and we talk about our sex lives pretty often :smoke:

Don't jump to conclusions. How would you feel if your best friend lied to you? I'm pretty sure the issue here is that he lied; not the reason for the lie.

20. I don't like lying, nor do I like when my friends commit to something and then cancel plans. If you say you're going to do something, do it.
    These are just my personnal rules of friendship.
    Your guidelines are yours, so if it doesn't bother you that he 1) Lied 2) Cancelled said plans to hangout with someone else, then that's your decision.