Are these seeds good choices? & Safety questions

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by JESUSgotNAILED, Oct 4, 2011.

1. #1 JESUSgotNAILED, Oct 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2011
    Hello everyone. I am going to be ordering some seeds real soon here.

I've done my research on this site and will be going through that cannabis-seed-bank-uk site. I've read a lot of good things about them on the forums here and a lot of people seem to get their seeds safely and without police/customs trouble. I WILL be getting a pre-paid Visa card from Walmart for the ordering, but will be shipping to my address.

My (experienced) grower friend wants some mostly sativas to start with. First, how do these 2 choices look?

Green House Seeds Jack Herer Feminized
    World of Seeds Diamond Line Amnesia Feminized
    (I tried linking directly to the site but it doesn't seem to work)

Second, I heard Cannabis-seed-bank.co.uk has a shipping option where they put the stuff in a t-shirt? Is that the most common shipping option? Can someone clear that up for me?

Thanks guys. And if anyone has bought those seeds or ordered from that site, please drop a few lines in here and tell me how they were and how the shipping worked out. I appreciate it!

2. Personally I'd stay away from femmed seeds especially from GHS. They hermie at the drop of a hat.

3. Sensi Seeds or the less expensive version White Label Seeds Jack Herrer is what you want to buy. GHS has 'issues' and I stopped buying their stuff.

Many company's ship in T-Shrts that you can buy too, I prefer not to have to buy a shirt as I have too many and the one they send is crappy anyway, and lately I go to Hopefulgrow - www.Hopefulgrow.com. They just send plain-padded-mail, from UK, all the seeds in breeders original packaging, no fuss, no customs problems ever. Always arrives.

UK sites are the way to go, had many customs issues with stuff from Holland. They look for Amsterdam, kinda makes sense.

4. So I will check out those other suggestions for the Jack Herer. You guys say there is problems with what GHS has been putting out lately?

And do all fem seeds have a higher rate of hermi'ing? I wanted to get the best bang for my buck and figured if the seeds have a stronger chance of being female why not get them. Is that wrong?

And ill check that other site out but I picked this one because of all the good feedback here on this forum.

5. i was going to say too that dutch banks are generally not the best with exceptions like barney's.

i haven't tried jack herer, but don't have a lot of interest in it as it has couchlock, though less than it's highly popular super silver haze sibling. it's also a larger & slower plant due to it's more haze leaning phenos.

if you're after a REAL couchlock free haze type high, get some mandala 8 miles high when he has them in stock again. it's a very indoor & yield friendly strain, but has absolutely no couchlock, plenty of euphoria & a nice playful psychoactivity. it's kind of a milder version of haze, but without being an unmanageable IBL. jack herer, like most other hybrids is polluted by afghani.

unless the level of couchlock in jack herer is so low as not to be an issue, (and i've TRIED to get that specific info for freakin' YEARS) i'm just not interested in it where 8 miles has a perfectly balanced high, is compact & quick, and again, because it's not polluted by afghani, is lower odor than even jack which does skunk some from all of the reports i've read.

if you want the ultimate in n IBL style THC profile, haze skunk by high quality seeds is wicked potent & long lasting with no more couchlock than just a little lead eye, but motivation totally wins out. even at just 12.5%, afghani is STILL stepping on that strain's couchlock and, for me, is unbearable in 25% afghani skunk #1. i'd picture jack's buzz as closer to that with maybe more psychoactivity. hazeskunk though is going to be slower flowering & bigger, but it's the second best buzz i've ever had short of super trippy columian gold. it's more potent though.

i haven't tried it, but a lot of people swear by jillybean by TGA subcool as a superior high and after my experience with 8 miles high, i would love to try mandala's other sativa leaning strains to see how they differ, but i have NO complaints about 8MH and i am a total spoiled rotten pot snob.

6. I've grown 2 world of seeds strains, yumbolt 47 and space. I was very pleased with both. I dunno where you're gonna order from, but I went w/ the single seed centre and it was all good. If I was about to order seeds myself though, I'd get delicious seeds' fruity chronic juice. It's the best one I've done so far.

Best of luck dude.

7. i've been interested in world of seeds for a long time because of their rare IBLs and have slowly been starting to hear nothing but good things about them over the last year or so. i imagine i might just try something of theirs down the road. either they, or ace have a columbian gold i think. i'd REALLY like to see how one measures up to original old school california grown.

there are a lot of great breeders out there.
    dj shorts
    mandala
    barney
    TGA subcool
    CH9
    mr nice
    nirvana (as long as you avoid their fems & autos)
    short stuff
    lowryder
    &
    dr atomic
    off the top of my head and high quality seeds & joey weed are fine by me at the very least

8. Hmmm lots to think about now...

We want strains more on the sativa side, so couchlock is okay but not much is preferred.

Is there anything wrong with ordering feminized seeds like that other guy said above? Need more opinions on that please :)

And is Greenhouse a Dutch bank?

9. #9 JESUSgotNAILED, Oct 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2011
    Apparently people have said you can't order internationally with those pre-paid Visa cards you can buy at Walmart. Which screws up my plan. I'll have to double check the cards and see if I can buy internationally with one, it's weird because I saw one post saying you can't and 10 others saying you can.

How are you guys ordering your seeds, with what payment option I mean? If you can't use prepaid Visa cards then what is the next safest option?

Is this true?! Should I not bother buying fem seeds from any seedbanks and just buy regular?

10. :wave: Nothing wrong with femms if you know which breeder and strains to choose. I have never had a hermie yet and I've tried a few now ;):smoke:

11. Nothing is wrong with feminized seeds. If you arent a terrible grower you shouldnt have problems.

I have never had a feminized seed hermie either, ever.

Of course I try to use good breeders.

12. #12 JESUSgotNAILED, Oct 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2011
    Alright thanks for clearing that up guys. Maybe he just has own problems. I am checking that list of good seed banks that hazey posted earlier. Is World of Seeds okay for the Amnesia?

I'll avoid Green House Seeds like people said to above. I want to use Attitude for the ordering and they say they take prepaid cards so all that's left is for me to find a strain to replace that GHS Jack Herer (Sensi's and White Label's are too expensive) and make sure the prepaid cards can buy internationally.

13. GreenHouse Seeds Hermies : [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su2-ijE5snA"]Green House Seed Co. 100% feminised FULL OF SEEDS!!! listen @ 1:41 - YouTube[/ame]

14. #14 guest/banned, Oct 5, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
    You can also google HGS hermies :rolleyes:

Google is not always the best place for advice, sometimes its better to actually fooking grow some.

15. Yeah I'll avoid GHS.

How about this guy to replace the GHS Jack Herer:

Barneys Farm G13 Haze Feminized
    (why can't we link to seedbanks? it always replaces the link with a grasscity one)

Look good? I've heard Barneys was a nice bank, someone mentioned them above as well.

16. Barney's are usually great :) Not tried the G13 but heard lots of good things about it.
    I like Bluecheese, LSD and Red diesel from Barney's most and in that order.

17. [quote name='"Wizball"']Barney's are usually great :) Not tried the G13 but heard lots of good things about it.
    I like Bluecheese, LSD and Red diesel from Barney's most and in that order.[/quote]

I will check those out. Thanks man, have you tried their fem seeds of those strains?

18. Yes :D Barney's only do femms now.

19. I'd avoid World of Seeds alltogether. GHS I'd avoid unless you are wanting Super Lemon Haze. Barney's I'd avoid as well. I don't trust either Derry or Arjan.

20. [quote name='"ChurchCheese"']I'd avoid World of Seeds alltogether. GHS I'd avoid unless you are wanting Super Lemon Haze. Barney's I'd avoid as well. I don't trust either Derry or Arjan.[/quote]

Oh really? Why avoid world of seeds? And Barney?