Yes, another Seed Strain question

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by Etchi, Jun 20, 2010.

1. First off, Im sorry for asking here, but I was unsure where I should ask this.

I gave a try to growing outdoors with some bag seed and ran into some bad luck through out the grow. It finally finished with a freak storm coming through washing away one of my babies, decapitated another and the last one is well, looking pretty bad.

Im now looking to growing indoors in a 2.5' x 2' area. Its a stealth grow and due to size restrictions I can only fit in 2x 3gallon pots. I will be using 8-10 cfls for the entire grow. I will also be using lst to help keep the size down. So now that I am limited to 2 plants I want to order some Feminized seeds and germinate two and see how it goes.

I've also only smoked normal pot, it never had a name, but alot of people around here call it mexican swag or dirt weed and every great while stuff called KB or Kind bud. It gets me high, but I also end up smoking most the day to maintain the high. So an ounce lasts 1-2 weeks.

Now my question is this. I have no clue what these differnt strains are. I only know what Ive heard named through movies. Like White widow, AK, Northern lights, BC buds, etc..

So what strain would you guys suggest? Im looking for a nice high that tastes decent, a low smell/no smell* while growing and offer a large yeild for a small area* using lst and user friendly when growing. Is this even possible? Or am I just a helpless fool who should just walk away?

the *
    Are more important than anything else. Its my house, but I do have family over alot (i'm the only smoker and they dont look to kindly to it) and with the size of my grow box I am very limited in space. So a low to no smell while growing would help alot taking away the need for an air filtration system in or outside the box.

2. Im back and still looking. I have tried other seed banks but find them harder to read than what you get from http://www.nirvana-shop.com/.

I think the real reason im held back at this point is the overflow of info.

Ive had no experience with all these strains you all talk about. Ive smoked pot for 13 years and again its the normal everyday average weed. 20-1/4th, 40-1/2th, and 80-full. Every once in a while I could get some "hydro" or "bubblegum" or "Christmas weed" or "Blue berry" But never once did it taste like bubblegum, or blueberry, though alot of it tasted like pine :p
    Im tired of trying to find pot for 2 weeks then buying a half (overpriced) on a Tues and being out by Sunday thus the real reason for growing.

All Im interested in now is a good taste and awesome high that doesnt require smoking all day. Yes I still have a size limitations, but Im just looking for suggestions at this point.

3. just go with PPP, NL, or Super Skunk, from Nirvana. super skunk being the stinkiest of em IMHO

poor harvesting and drying caused.. no wonder it didn't taste right..

Wharf

4. Lol, I always thought it was the "strain" specially since most the "Xmas" bud always tasted piney.
    But as for the strains, I have a wish list on how Nirvana lists its info

Low Height
    Blue Mystic, Bubblelicious, Northern Lights Papaya and Short Rider.
    All yields are 400-500 "???" and grow at a lower hieght and offer a stoney "high"

Medium Height
    Ak-48, Blackberry, Blackjack, Ice, Master Kush, PPP, Swiss Cheese, Venus fly Trap (awesome name) White Castle (also awesome name) and Wonder Women.
    All yields are 400-500 "???" and offer a Stoney & High "high"

The Blue Mystic, Bubblelicious, Northern Lights, and Short Rider was my First Choices with NL, Blackjack and Papaya def being on my grow list.

5. I am interested in this because I am also trying to research strains that are low smell. I've always heard NL and Jack Herer are low smell, but I am trying to find out what other ones are out there that don't reak.

A few have mentioned that white widow's smell is pretty manageable, but that is pretty relative when you live in a 1BR apt...

Others?

OP, maybe give Jack Herer a look? I've heard nothing but great things about it for small closet grows.

6. well from my experiences i would have to say my auto´s are by far the least smelly plants i have grown..........so you want all those things huh well im gonna give advice that alot of people are against but if you look at the opportunity cost youll see that auto´s are much better then feminized, feminine, or normal seeds in your situation. so here are the 3 best auto strains i have grown out.

afghan ryder- world of seeds auto version of afghan kush...very adapt to heat
    deimos- buddha seeds auto version of northern lights and a big yielder too
    big devil- sweet seeds version of some type of sativa skunk...doesnt pack on the weight till later down the road but is great also.

so if you choose to go down this road you will harvest at almost 2x the speed with close to the same yield. that means for you 2x the experience and then you can reinvest quiker so you can start to grow some real strains;)

7. northlight light from nirvana hardly smells at all and it grows compact like a christmas tree, one of my favorite strains to grow

8. I am waiting on my Blue Mystic from Nirvana, wish I could give you more info... Really! I wish! Cause that would mean my seeds were here and I was growing! The wait is fuckin killing me! (Only been a week!LOL)

9. ha i got some sharksbreath from dna genetics on the way and i cant wait either! lol

10. i'm all about waving the C99 banner every chance i get! low odor, fast growing, but doesn't couchlock like all those old school evil indoor commercial strains i've hated since the first time i started smoking.

C99 should be the most popular strain on the planet in my world

11. What seed bank do you get your C99 from, who does the genetics?

12. joey weed does the breeding & hempdepot does the selling.

as far as i'm concerned EVERY seedbank should have C99, but they don't. that's another reason i think it's not as popular as it should be

13. only knockoffs available ..that is why it is not around.. Brothers Grim is gone...

14. right, but no one else besides joey is doing a mostly pure knockoff anymore. the second to last one i know of was reeferman. you can find it on weedbay from some nameless breeder for $120+ though.

i think the very reason it never caught on was the effects of indica polluting weed forever. now everyone has to have the stinkiest strain in the world to convince anyone that their bud is good. people would stick their nose up in the air at a fluffy little pinky sized thai bud these days. that's why INFERIOR, as far as i'm concerned, sour diesel is much more popular even though the highs are almost identical from what i've read. people would rather smoke a skunky bud that tastes like a truck stop (i'm POSITIVE i've had a diesel hybrid that tasted like that and it was fucking disgusting, but the high was OK) than a nice mellow floral lemony pineapple bud. it's fucked up all around. the very same skunky quality that makes probably very similar too (although more couchlocking) super silver haze more popular than cindy is the reason i wouldn't touch it unless C99 were extinct. i don't want anything at all to do with indicas even if it's just smelling them. to me, skunk = you're promoting the enemy.

every other competitor to C99 either has more indica in it's odor & canniboid profile or grows larger & longer. i'm CONSTANTLY looking for news of any other strain that smokes like an energetic & trippy sativa indoors & am just not hearing it ever. mandala's kalichakra sounds interesting & they're a well respected breeder, but it isn't the most potent strain in the world where C99 is no lightweight in that department either. i just see her as the most perfect plant in the world. she does EVERYTHING right by me.