Info on Feminized seeds

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by iAMtheLiquor, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Hey guys,

What can you experienced outdoor growers tell me about feminized seeds? Which strains and seed banks are the best? What kind of results can I expect in terms of grow yeild as well as actually getting a high percentage of female plants? Like you may have gathered,... I am planning an outdoor grow and I could use some info quick since it is really getting time to go where I live.....

2. Femmed seeds work just fine. They'll grow out and yield just like any other female of the same strain. I've had 100% females and never a hermie in all my femmed grows.

Seedbanks is kind of a separate question -- that is just a retailer or distributor, they will carry the seed inventory from many different breeders (it's similar to Macy's and Nordstrom both carrying Calvin Klein and both carrying Ralph Lauren, doesn't matter where you get it except possibly for price and service).

3. Dont buy them.Ive grown many times with them and the chances of hermies are high-wont happen every time but theyre not the "magic" all female producing seeds people think- all fem seeds come from hermie plants and they have more tendencies to turn hermie.Ive personally lost a grip of bud to feminized seeds from Dutch Passion.Buy regular seeds,cut the males and clone.Fuck feminized seeds.

4. Too many issues with hermies with feminised seeds. Stay away imo.

5. I'd go with toasty: he knows his stuff dude..There is a reason they are more expensive than standard seeds, but jus make sure your site you buy from is legit and has good quality seeds that are known for hi female numbers in their packs

6. i agree w/ toasty.. ive grown fem seeds a few times and never a hermie or male in the bunch. Go with a decent breeder and don't stress the hell out of the plants and you should be fine.

7. Here is one of my favorite OG FAQ posts I'd squirreled away.

Enjoy:

Gene

• Like Like x 1
  8. Never had any problem with fem seeds. I have had 100% females not a hermie ever. I always go with fem seeds. Green house are good.

9. I have Never had any problem with fem seeds....
    I have had 100% females with no problems....
    People who say they don't work have 2 much stress in their grow rooms....

Best Regards EazyGreen ........

10. Well guess EazyGreen is into Necro...lol. But I agree with eazygreen on this one, I have grown many fem'd seeds and have yet to have any issue's with hermi's. I would agree that most that have had probs with the fem seeds either have stressors in thier grow or just plain used poor genetics. People who constantly bash those who use Fem seeds are not looking at it from any angle other than thier own, not everyone who grows wants/can grow out 50seeds to pick a mother out for future grows...or they just dont have the want to grow out 10seeds to find that only 1 is female. The cost of soil/ferts/time/ect... its just not cost affective to go that route, so many choose to grow out fem seeds. Fem'd seeds arent all bad, just not the answer for all growers. Myself included, I prefer to get unfem'd seeds cause I like to make a run of seeds of each new strain I aquire.

11. Ordered some feminized lemon kush from herbie's a couple days ago..we'll see...

-Z

12. Aaaannnnnnnd its back. The lets resurrect an old thread game.