Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pregnant smokers/ discuss

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by hodji killer, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Any ladies out there expecting who smoke? And if so have you done with any previous children. Opinions on this subject.

2. I'm neither female nor pregnant, but i think smoking of any kind would be bad when you are pregnant.

3. I don't think that any pregnant woman should ever smoke, drink alcohol, too much coffee, or use medication that can harm their child. Vaporing and edibles are cool though, just make sure the edibles are good for both of you! :p

4. This!
    Vapor and edibles for sure. Ive read it really helps with pregnancy "Issues". lol

5. Friend of mine smoked all 9 months with her first child. Disgusts me. Inhaling smoke of any kind harms an unborn child. I've spoken with three DRs on the subject and researched it substantially. Do not smoke while pregnant please. There is enough challenges involved with being pregnant. Don't harm your unborn child by polluting his or hers body before they even take their first breath.

6. #6 Highend1, Jul 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Marijuana is not good for an unborn child. It may help the "mothers" issues during a pregnancy but it absolutely is not good for the child.

7. If there's ever a good time to take a t-break, it's when you're prego.

8. In my opinion, if you're stupid enough to smoke when you're pregnant, you should have your child taken away by the state.
    I don't care what you're smoking, how much, or how often. It's not good.

9. #9 hodji killer, Jul 2, 2011
    So is there anything wrong with her first born?

10. cannabis its self has no effect on a fetus, but the smoking aspect of it is not good. My wife doesn't really smoke, but when she has bad morning sickness I have her take a hit off the vape and she feels much better, but its not very often.

11. I started this thread intended for people with first hand experience. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

The reason being that this is a sensitive issue and alot of people are for or against it without knowing a single fact about it or they just regurgitate something that somebody else wrote.

That being said all opinions are appreciated and respected

12. Smoking while pregnant causes asthma.
    Asthma sounds awful and I don't understand why people would do that to their children.

13. #13 hodji killer, Jul 2, 2011
    I'm talking about marijuana

14. ^calm and collected, way to be cool. From what I have read thc has an inverse effect on child psychological development if introduced at an early age (0-16/18/21) depends on psycho/physical development and of course repetitive usage of cannabis. So given that it stunts growth of the mind I would say no to ingesting it in anyways, not knowing if thc crosses the umbilical membranes. But given that it has such amazing effects on our ECS (endocannabinoid system) I would think that eating edibles at a low dose sparingly can be beneficial to you and virtually harmless to the baby as long as it's not constant daily use. Maybe twice a week you have an edible over time. I'm not a doctor, but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night :) but actually I try to learn as much as possible about the subject

15. My two cousins smoked through their entire pregnancies... well one stopped during the last month or so. There's nothing wrong with either of their kids (one has two and did it with both). I'm not going to judge mothers who smoke during their pregnancies. I smoked one time during the beginning of my pregnancy(I took like 2-3 hits) and I felt like shit for it and I knew it was wrong. I never smoked again during my pregnancy(I didn't smoke again until after my kid turned one) and stayed away from people while they were smoking. I don't think mothers should get high at all during their pregnancy... not even edibles because the baby eats what you eat. I've gained perspective on it now and I feel like there's no reason to get high while you're pregnant. I mean unless you MEDICALLY NEED to. Like seriously need to other then that you really should wait until your pregnancy is over. imo

But with all that being said. I'm not going to judge mothers who get high during their pregnancy. I'm not going to look down on them either. It doesn't make them bad moms or bad people... in my opinion at least.

16. READ!
    Pregnant Women Smoking Pot Could Reduce Infant Mortality (news - 2010)
    [FONT=&quot] Pregnant Women Smoking Pot Could Reduce Infant Mortality[/FONT]

And the abstract of the original study

Mortality Within the First 2 Years in Infants Exposed to Cocaine, Opiate, or Cannabinoid During Gestation (abst - 1997)
    [FONT=&quot]Mortality Within the First 2 Years in Infants Exposed to Cocaine, Opiate, or Cannabinoid During Gestation[/FONT]

This study was done in 1997, vaporizers were not as popular back then, so it is likely that most of these women smoked their cannabis. Even so, infant mortality among the "cannabis only" babies was ZERO according to the full study.

Funny "Drug War" thing about this study- there was a second almost identical study done with this same data- only it left out all of the "cannabis" data! Guess the "cannabis" babies doing better than the "drug free" babies didn't support their political agenda! :p lol

And I toked during both my pregnancies- both boys are brilliant and have the correct number of fingers and toes. But if I had had a vaporizer back then, I would have used it!

Granny :wave:

17. Because of my health problems I had to smoke during one of my pregnancies. But it was something that I talked to my doctor about and he agreed that in my situation it was best, even for the baby. I was expecting twins. At the beginning of the pregnancy I quite smoking, but with my CVS I couldn't stop throwing up, I lost 30 pounds and one of the twins died in utero. I was scared the other baby would die too if I couldn't hold down a meal. My doctor gave me the ok to start smoking marijuana medically again and my baby turned out perfectly healthy. In my case it was more dangerous not to smoke.

18. Very interesting info Granny, thanks for sharing that.

19. Especially after seeing how it's helped my dear friend get through her pregnancy, along with the evidence given on marijuana only smokers while pregnant, I advocate the use of it.