Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anyone here consider themselves a connoisseur of bud?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Goggalor, Jun 1, 2011.

1. So many people just don't get it when I say that. Like, it seems like no one takes weed seriously. They don't get that there are people who appreciate bud on the same level as some people may enjoy fine wines. When you appreciate a great cure, awesome bud structure, perfect, mature trichs, and have had probably hundreds of different strains.When you get almost as excited by the promise of super dank bud as you did waiting to open presents on christmas. To me it's not just about getting high, even though that's obviously the main reason for smoking.

2. I understand you man seems like all the kids now days jus look to get high and don't appreciate good herb and all the aspects of it. The herb now is way better than when I was a kid and I definitely appreciate that :D

3. I respect good bud more than i respect my MRS lol..

I goto amsterdam once every 2 month as i cant get enough of the cup winners.

4. i would consider my self a connoisseur... but Im not a snob about it haha, if someone passes me a bowl of something really below my "standards" like, schwag you can tell is schwag just from the nasty smell the smoke produced... ill take a tiny hit, and just pass it along and not say shit... Nor will i tell someone their bud isnt good enough to match me or something... but i definitely respect cannabis on a different level than your generic "stoner"

5. I am young myself but I do appreciate a good but people
    dont care about what they are smoking as longs as they get a quick
    buzz. Quaility over Quanity is what I say.

6. Yes, Because i enjoy the smoke, The taste, the burn, Everything about my bud. I do long and trialed inspections of the bud b4 i smoke it. I make sure that Im smoking top-shelf 100% of the time.

7. hell yeah i am! i look up the kind of weed i get and the different kind of highs u get, the thc level, etc. like sirsog said, i'm not a snob but i really cant smoke reggie and usually i don't even smoke mid.. i got turned on to kush and refuse to smoke anything but!

8. I'm the only one with my group of friends that will spend 5 minutes holding the bud and smelling it and getting it in bright lights just to look at its beauty, while my friends are like "DUDE JUST FUCKING PUT IT IN THE BOWL I WANNA GET FUCKED UP AND TRIPPY HURRRDURR"

9. a connoisseur in training

10. LOL. "I'm not a snob but I'm a snob".

11. connoisseur seems like a fancy word for weed snob to me.

12. I deffinatly do; it is more than a plant, there is an entire Cannabis culture. This culture is alot more active than it used to be, and I think respect and knowledge of the herb are vital in understand this new community.

13. I definitely appreciate the herb for more then the stone.

14. 1. Your posting this in the Apprentice Toker thread. This should prolly go into the Seasoned Tokers thread, considering an Apprentice would have zero clue about weed.
    Hot shots think they know a lot about weed.

2. Smoke the green that is in front of you.
    Enjoy it.
    Okay.
    Good work.

15. There's a difference to me. I love the dankity frosty dank and the different tastes/smells and different strains and phenotypes but if someone brought some mids to smoke up I wouldn't turn them down. I've smoked some mids that got me baked as hell, sometimes mids have higher cbd %.

16. im not. i love smoking bud, i love learning about it, i love everything about it really. but im not going to sit here and claim to be a connoisseur when there are people who've been doing the same thing as me for decades and completely school me with their knowledge. i mostly smoke dank, but i have absolutely no problem smoking mids or schwag if im offered/broke/conserving/etc. and i certainly dont think im condescending to people about their weed/weed knowledge.

hell, after 7+ years of smoking i wouldn't even say im a seasoned toker, but maybe im just modest.

17. I love dank weed but I'm not smoking anything thats brown...It more than just getting high I love to see it grown & learn more about it :smoke:

18. #19 samson32, Jun 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2011
    I feel like quite a bit of knowledge has to come with being a connoisseur.. They know the in and out of mj.. They know how to grow it even if they don't themselves.. They have no problem getting different types of bud and can tell you the minor details of the high..

I do consider myself on the way to being a connoisseur, but back before I started growing I would have answered no to this question..

I think the hours of searching through seed breeders to find the right strain.. The months of feeding your girl just perfect to get the best you can get.. The weeks of curing her to get a better smoke at the end.. And the neverending search to perfect your hobby develops you into a connoisseur..

I don't think that all connoisseurs are growers, but I do think that they know how to if need be.. They know those little details that most people don't think about.. An example is mj at harvest.. The same strain can be either a heady or a body depending on how your trichs look..

Once you know how your bud came to be and you know what strain you are smoking each time.. Then I think a person can consider themselves a connoisseur..

Once I try 15-20 more strains.. Then I'll consider myself a connoisseur.. Until then I'm just a grower..

:smoke:

19. If it taste like shit, forget it. Some buds just arn't worth inhaling.