Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The Insatiable Munchies: I just ate 12 packets of McCoys

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Mr Stoned, May 31, 2010.

1. #1 Mr Stoned, May 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2010
    Seriously man, when I smoke I can't stop munching out. I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm lucky I have a good metabolism because after a good blaze I get hungrier than Hercules does after a brutal battle with ogres and mermedons.

Tonight I powered through twelve packets of McCoys. I couldn't stop eating, I literally couldn't stop. After about eight or so I told myself 'look man this is ridicolous, you've got to end it here' but the unopened bags in the corner kept taunting me and I devoured them like a rabid beast.

I've been toking for four years and the insatiable munchies is a habit that has never left me. I don't know why. I don't think it's even geniune hunger, more the certainty that in your enhanced state the pleasure of eating is wonderous beyond compare.

The worst binge I've had was when I went camping in the hills of Wales with an ounce and ate thirty six packets in three days, on top of a healthy (or repulsively unhealthy) supplement of canned meals heated on a stove. And yes, those too were McCoys.

The culprit

[​IMG]

2. Are McCoys the same thing as Little Debbies " Oatmeal cream pies"? Never heard of McCoys here in the States.

3. Im the opposite, i never get the munchies and always feel the need to work out when high, im never on couch lock :(

For once i want to smoke a few bowls, and just sag down into the couchh eating some grub

4. I've had days where there was a big bag full of candy next to me when i burning some bong bowls.

before i know it the bag is half empty.

in mere moments the bag will sit there, a void of no candy, staring me in the bong.

5. I get it so bad. While I'm blazing I always have to gulp a drink too, then when the spliffs are out i have to munch myself to exhaustion!

Then probably try to ride out that exhaustion with a five-sugared tea and a packet of McVittie's...

And then i come write some of this stuff!

6. Munchies are a fleeting thought for me when I'm toking just never seems to happen. Variances in strains, indica, sativa never matters just don't seem to get that side effect. Friends think of me as the anti-stoner I get awfully motivated with even the slightest of buzz's too.

7. to couchcommando, mc'coys are thick ridge cut potato chips and are fucking awesome.

8. Aha..thank you kind sir:smoking:

9. uhhh, self control dude... your not actually hungry its just a chemical in your brain telling you that you're hungry. Or is it the absense of a chemical telling you you're full?

10. Rofl, dude when I smoke I always end up eating mad shit. It's just cause everything tastes SOOOO good, I recall making brownie mix and muffin mix and just eating like that on two separate occaisons, I've eaten a whole container of strawberry cream cheese before, anything that sounds vaugely appealing I must try. I'm so happy I have a decent metabolism, cause I sure as hell would be a lot heavier than 187 lbs without it :p

11. You just gotta preoccupy your mind with something else. Music, video games, working out, making art, ... anything that doesn't involve food really. Or maybe buy lots of fruit instead?

12. I love being lost in a munchy stupor. I wake up and think, "where the hell did I get 12 flavors of ice cream?".

13. Good question. After searching wiki: basically there are two chemicals leptin and ghrelin. increasing levels of leptin result in the feeling of hunger. when you eat these level drop and then the hormone ghrelin is released which reinitiates the hunger (by releasing more leptin).

I guess now the good question is which does mj affect? (or both?)