Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Capsaicin and THC

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by rabidwolf86, Oct 13, 2009.

1. I've noticed some things that happen invariably when the two are mixed, looking to see if it is factual, or personal. Also, your views on it are welcomed :D

1. My tolerance for capsaicin, well at least the foods containing them, goes up quite a bit when I'm stoned. I already have a high tolerance for spicy foods, and when I'm stoned eating chile peppers like fruits (not the seeds) does not even bother me.

2. I've met several Jamaican chefs (I'm a chef by trade) who do the same, not sure if that is cultural though.

3. Spicy anything enhances my high to a point of near euphoria. This is beyond just combining the high of eating spicy foods and the high from smoking, more than the sum of its parts for a catchy way of saying it.

Maybe I just really like spicy food, but if anybody has scientific knowledge (sources if possible) or just personal knowledge, I'd love to hear about it :smoking:

2. Yes! +rep!

I sometimes eat hot sauce straight when I am high. It is amazing. My friends look at me and think I am crazy, but they do not know what they are missing. The feeling is amazing.

If you want some good stuff, try this one: Blair's Sauces and Snacks : The Official Home of Blair's Death Sauce and Extreme Food :: Hot Sauces :: Death Sauce :: Ultra Death Sauce

It's around 1,000,000 scoville units and will blow your shit out of the water. Putting the tip of a toothpick into it and touching the tip to your tongue is too hot for some people. Just watch out for the shits it gives you the first couple times if you decide to take more than a tip of a toothpick!

Back to the original question, I do not notice a tolerance increase when I am high. Then again, my tolerance is pretty high already. I can do a spoonful of Dave's Insanity sauce without too much pain.

3. I love spicey food, my dad always used to make curries nearly everyday but my tolerance for hot things isn't anything above average. I love to cook with home grown chili's so I think when I next have friends over n hit the bong I'm going to make a huge hot chili con carne and see how it feels for me n my friends!
    Thanks.

:bongin:

4. Be sure to post results, let me know if anything I mentioned happens!

5. Hot food is the SHIT. I love eating Blazin' Wings at Buffalo Wild Wings when I'm baked. Hell even when I'm sober.. lol

6. hell yeah, bdubs is awesome high! boneless thursdays for the win
    +1 rep

7. Never been a massive fan of spicy food, I like it, but I'm just not much of a food lover in general so I don't prefer it over non-spicy food. However, your thread has inspired me to try eating something nice and spicy while high, don't think I have before.

8. I just moved to washington and i miss B-Dub SO BAD!!!!!!!! But yeah man, spicy food does make it funner

9. [​IMG]
    Best munchie food EVER.

10. this popped up perfectly squared on my page, and im like, wtf website am i on?

11. hell yes this is one theory i've never fuckin' figured out.

i agree being stoned definitely increases my tolerance for heat, and i've also noticed an increase in my high--it's almost like it clears my head, everything just becomes a little more clear and what's more (if you haven't noticed this yourself check it out next time) it definitely wakes me up--like if i've got a strong stone goin' on and i need to wake up some i'll just have a plate of burning lava hot nachos and be right awake again :wave:

thanks for posting OP i want to see this shit solved!

12. Eating capsaicin releases endorphins in the brain, which in turn makes you feel good. That plus weed is definitely a winner. I don't know if mj affects the endorphin receptors, or increases endorphin production/release, but it could. That would be great, I love spicy food too.

13. shit is a must have

14. What about Dave's special reserve?

15. anyone here ever try the flatliners from the buffalo wing factory?

16. I have never tried special reserve but I know that Blair's sauce i posted above is about 10 times hotter as far as the scoville units go. Great flavor too.

17. This is just a kind of theory, but (noticing that, after smoking cannabis, people generally report having a noticable change in the sensation of spicy food. Some more tolerant, some less (me lol)), I wonder if (since spice/heat is not a "flavor" and therefore has no reception on the tongue), the generally heightened mental awareness while high would result in a change in PERCEPTION of spice/heat, influenced by your expectation/anticipation of sensation. ?? . I hope that made sense, I'm high now and this is a very long post consisting of one sentence lmao so it could very well be jibberish.

18. *heightened mental awareness of present sensations and/or feelings.. (for me anyway)