Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana feminizing men

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by brohan, Sep 9, 2009.

1. So for summer work for an AP enviro class im taking next year I had to read the book "our ston future" by theo colborn. In the book there is a passage about how use of marijuana feminizes me. This is what is says, "The same compound that makes a pot smoker "high" also acts on the testicles to reduce the synthesis of testosterone and on the brain to supress lutenizing hormone, a key hormone that cues ovulation in females ans testosterone production in males. Studies reported that marijuana feminized men who smoked it heavily..." (77)

HAs anyone else ever heard of this? your opinions on it?

2. man.. if this were true i'd have a vagina by now.

3. I've smoked weed with a lot of guys for a lot of years, and I haven't noticed any of them becoming feminized in the least.

4. It's a false claim.

"Smoke weed and lose your nuts!" is basically the message they're trying to get across. It's fake.

5. Yeah, I've never met a guy who got boobs or lost his nuts smoking weed, I'm not that worried about it.

6. If I got a vagina from smoking too much weed i'd try to stick my bong in it.

7. This is one of the subversive lies weed's opponents have been telling for a long time. While I haven't seen any solid research as to the sperm production, I don't give a shit about it, and it doesn't matter. As for "feminizing" go ahead and tell that to the various Mixed Martial Arts fighters who smoke constantly. (See: The Diaz Brothers, Eddie Bravo, Joe Rogan...ect)

8. Joe Rogan isn't an MMA fighter :rolleyes:
    He's a comedian

9. Ever seen the new documentary "Super High Me"?

Its a sploof on super size me, his sperm count goes up a ton the month he smokes weed all day every day.

10. There are some sick fucking vids of Submissions by Joe. No way in fuck could you convince me to fight him.
    My main point being that I doubt anyone looks at him and thinks "he looks like an emo metrosexual".

11. Since i started smoking pot about a decade ago, the level of chest hair on my torso has increased at least tenfold.

Weed makes you manlier.

12. Well, it's manly to be hateful and aggressive so I guess that there's some sort of truth to it. That mj feminizes you through hormone mutations and whatever, I simply don't believe. As far as I know, there are no cannabinoid receptors anywhere near the crotch area, so that would be impossible I guess.

13. ...Nice

14. oh its a sploof on super high me?.. so theres a toilet paper roll with dryer sheets on super high me?.. when meaning a parody, youre looking for the word spoof

15. This started in the early70's.
    The short version of the original lie was smoking would make you sterile and cause men to grow female breasts.
    Well after 41 years of smoking I can safely say, my kids are doing fine (will be a grandfather in Dec,) and I'm still flat chested. I really wanted boobs :(

16. hahah so true man :D

17. This is one of the classic threats that's been used for millenia to control people.

"If you do this your manhood will fall off!"

Historically it's been religion, but the political assholes have gotten a lot of mileage out of it in the past couple centuries. Any time anyone tries to get you to do something or not do something by telling you it'll make your nuts shrivel, just laugh at them.

18. Gender Roles are so 1950. Besides wasn't John Wayne's real name Marion? Pfft. Nancy.

19. i did read a few studys that said it will lower the voulme of seamen and the number of viable sperm. But hey who wants kids anyway?

20. Amen. After a certain age, semen is just an inconvenience anyway.