Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does smoking make you weaker?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by iMaven, May 22, 2009.

1. I don't see where.

2. If I'm mellow I'll have a lot more energy than when I'm not high, but if I use up all that energy it'll kill my high, so I still prefer to sit around being lazy. If I'm mashed though, I won't move, even if I try.

3. I find that it has no effect on my strength but it has some effect on my endurance. I prefer to workout first THEN smoke.

4. You are exactly right Sir Smokesalot! There is something called mind to muscle connection, and when you smoke weed most people have an tendency to not concentrate on it as much as they usually would. Conversley, if you smoke and go to the gym and you are totally focused on your routine you can actually have very intense workouts, possibly even better than if you hadn't smoked and just kinda went and did your normal routine.

5. my roommate lifts high all the time but i get way too goofy and lazy to do that haha but ill smoke a blunt after i workout cuz it relaxes the muscles, pretty sure thats why Arnold smoked

6. I'm a swimmer on a varsity college swim team, and smoke nearly every day before swim practice and before I lift. Weed makes most of my friends too lazy to do anything, but as long as I set myself and get ready to go lift before I smoke, I can get myself to go.

Based on my experience, getting your body warmed up is a bit annoying and takes a bit longer, but once you get yourself going, the rest of the workout is great. For me, this is true both before a 1-2 hour lift session or a 2+ hour swim.

I love smoking so much before practice because once i get over the initial hump of warmup, i can zone in hardcore on my workout and practice everything that needs to be practice

7. I prefer to workout first than smoke. Honestly when i smoke my muscles get so relaxed I just don't think I could work out as hard as I do, when I'm sober, but as stated and seen it really is ones personal preference.

8. I workout and play football and run laps when im high sometimes

9. After peaking i sometime get this weird sensation in my muscles like everything going slower and everystep is hard. IT'S HORRIBLE

10. No smoking weed even everyday will not make you weaker.....im 17 and ive beens smoking for about 4 years now and workout every week and can bench 250 and curel 145. When im high i still have a drive to workout but i just get scared with the heavy weights haha

11. same here. i seem to work out a lot longer if my heads clear. And i really enjoy burning one when when i'm done.

wake up
    exercise
    burn one
    eat

breakfast taste so much better that way than if i just got up and ate something.

12. Exactly.

13. bye mate haha

14. Hell no, I lift and blaze all the time. Check out some bodybuilding forums like bb or AM, and you'll find that many people who lift also toke.

15. does this thread actually exist?

16. 3-5 times a weak is not consistent

well it is, but it isnt

17. In some respects, no. In others, yes. It's highly dependent upon when you choose to smoke.

Marijuana prevents REM sleep, which is when your muscles are given time to recoup and regrow (bigger, better, faster, stronger). If you smoke enough, you'll notice you won't dream, which means you're probably not getting REM sleep, this is why some people experience a morning after "hangover" from weed.

Smoking also limits the amount of oxygen that can be delivered from your lungs to your muscles. Granted, it's not as bad as cigarettes, but in Doug Benson's "Super High Me," the doctor noticed a 6 percent increase in lung capacity during the 30 days he didn't smoke weed. That's probably noticeable when you're active.

That being said, many athletes smoke weed both regularly and not regularly. Just look at Ricky Williams and Michael Phelps.

18. Word.