Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

MANGO before you smoke... Come on, seriously?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Zepp, Apr 30, 2009.

1. #1 Zepp, Apr 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2009
    Hey guys. I have read much on Mangos, and have found that it potentiates the cannabis high. I was just wondering if anyone knew if you had to eat the whole mango or if juice would work.

Also if anyone has experience with this myth, please tell.

Edit: Yes, the mangos worked very well... I was as stoned from one fat bowl as I would had been after my entire sesh. I recommend it to anyone wanting a cheap boost to your high, it works, as long as you eat the actual fruit, juice doesn't work for me.

2. try it and tell us. can't hurt. Except for the fact that mangos are gross.

3. It works. I drink a couple cans of Mango Juice Nectar.. NOT from concentrate.. wait a good 45 min, then blaze.. You'll smoke less, and be high for longer. :smoking:

No word of lie.

4. Yea, try it and tell us, and I think Mangos are gross too.

5. yah dude i'm curious too

6. I think a lot of us are curious. So do us all a favor and don't lie about anything, I'm not saying you would though.

7. its not a myth it really works..I believe theres an enzyme in it that lets THC pass through your blood-brain barrier quicker and more effectively.

Just eat a mango like 45 minutes before you smoke

8. ive tried eating mangos and drinking mango juice and both did something but eating the real mango had more of an impact. you could eat a mango before then drink mango jucie when u have cotton mouth

9. #9 Zepp, Apr 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2009
    Somehow I managed to down 2 mangos (smoothie) and some magnesium, along with a 5HTP pill. Ill let you guys know how it is. Im pretty sharp when it comes to distinguishing highs, Ill be able to tell placebo from real, I consider myself a very experienced smoker.

I hope this helps people in the future.

10. you guys are crazy, mangos are tasty

11. Yes, the mango thing is not a myth. As stated earlier, there is an enzyme that propagates an easier entry and absorption into the brain.

I think mangos are madly disgusting, with a terrible consistency and texture. But hey, it gets you higher and its definitely worth that much.

12. Are you kidding? After taking a drink, the disgusting stringy fruit was like burning in my mouth, it felt like wierd shit, as soon as I downed it my gag reflex went nuts and I had an unsettling stomach ache for a few minutes.

13. I took it about 20 minutes ago. I think Im going to smoke in 40 minutes, making it an hour total. You dont think if i take too long that it wont work or anything do you?

Is it better to smoke sooner or later?

14. seriously?? mangoes have to be my favorite fruit besides pineapples. you guys are cah-razzzyyyy!

15. I like mangoes, you probably got a bad one but don't they say slightly overripe mangoes are the best for getting you higher?]

Please let us know the results!

16. I can also attest that it works. I grabbed some canned mangos and ate them a half hour before smoking and it was a really good high.

17. I personally think its bullshit, I've been eating mangos for a while, and its no different for me.

Although I do notice that it gives me energy. Its similar to a caffine high, except without the groggyness. But I don;t really enjoy it, it makes me anxious and I can't sit still. But that does not affect the marijuana high what so ever.

18. So has it been 45 minutes. Time to smoke?

19. I hate to break it to everyone in here who's tried drinking the juice or eating the pre packaged fruit, but you have to eat a fresh slightly over ripe mango. There is a chemical inside ripe (not in the unripe ones) called Myrcene (a terpene also found in bud I believe) which helps THC cross your blood-brain barrier essentially potentiating the effects of the cannabis.

I've done it, don't enjoy cutting up and skinning the mango as the core is so ambiguous, but once you prepare it and munch out, (they taste pretty good too) go smoke in like 30 minutes and you'll be set. (I want to try this with edibles as I've only done it and then smoked)

20. Science does not lie, my friend. It is chemistry.